Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2006 12:57:49 PM EDT
Where can you take the Glock armorers class and can anyone take it ?
I looked on the Glock site but didn't see any info.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:11:57 PM EDT
[#1]

www.glocktraining.com/

* Training Courses are only open to Law Enforcement Personnel and Certified GLOCK Stocking Dealers.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:48:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

www.glocktraining.com/

* Training Courses are only open to Law Enforcement Personnel and Certified GLOCK Stocking Dealers.

Well that sucks.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:48:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe if the class isnt full they may let you in, or ask your dealer to get you in.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:19:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

www.glocktraining.com/

Hmm   can't have the common folk knowing how to work on guns now, can we. Fucking european assclowns.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:24:48 PM EDT
[#5]
While the training is good you can learn just as much by buying an AGI armorers course and you will always have the AGI around to remind you of what to do. I'll tell you I'm also a SIG armorer and AGI has helped me more than any armorer class ever thought of.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:37:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I took it about a year ago. I found the class interesting as the instructor was very knowledgeable with real world experience, and gave a lot of history on the Glock. As far as what I got out of it from an Armorers prospective, nothing I didnt already know, and all the info and then some can be found at www.ptooma.com/

If you need the certification or just want to attend a class, I am told if a class is not full that you can get in. I have never known one not to fill up though. You can call Glock and ask for their training division and speak to someone about it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:52:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Can I just buy the armorers manuals ?  I really don't need the class, i'm very mechanically inclined.  
I just thought if they offered the class i would take it.
I'd like them for Glocks and SIGs.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:52:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:55:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Can I just buy the armorers manuals ?  

Check out the book mentioned in my post above, it's more comprehensive than the Armorers manual supplied in the class.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:28:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Can I just buy the armorers manuals ?  I really don't need the class, i'm very mechanically inclined.
I just thought if they offered the class i would take it.
I'd like them for Glocks and SIGs.

........he made a funny.

I see the geritol is kicking in.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:41:10 AM EDT
[#11]
I took the one day armorer's course for Glocks at Frontsight a year or so back.
This was on a Friday and I was taking the 2-day defensive handgun on the weekend.

Overall, I enjoyed the class.  I learn better from walking through the steps with someone there.  First time through with an instructor and I catch on pretty good.

I'm not a Glock Armorer by any stretch of the imagination just from taking that class, though.
I do feel I learned some things that I would not have picked up just by reading a book or visiting a website.

The added benefit of taking a class is that you get to learn from other people's (as well as my own) mistakes.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:45:29 AM EDT
[#12]
FWIW, the AGA (American Gunsmithing Assoc.) video  for the Glock, is fairly cheap and very detailed.

Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top