Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2006 12:22:05 PM EDT
www.clipdraw.com

Just put one of these on my Glock 27 a few weeks ago and pondered the tought of doing it for about a month.  Well after all the pondering, I like it.  Not bad at all.  I have used it with belts, jeans, shorts, and sweats.  Thing works suprisingly well.  Even tried on one of my coats with a inside pocket and it works well there too.

I do not belive in carrying an unloaded gun (not one in the chamber) so I went ahead and bought this too....... Please don't stone me

www.ajaxgrips.com/ajax/saftblok

I have praticed this over and over, popping it out on the draw, Not when on the target my muscle memory is already working well.  I pop it out once in a while when I am pulling out to put it away....a good thing.

Company I got it off of said that some PD's up north are requiring their officers to carry them on duty????????  I carry a G22 on duty and I don't see myself  using a saf t blok on duty at all!!  Their argument is the bad guy won't know how to fire the weapon....  Well? I sorta think K.I.S.S. when it comes to a fight, that is why I was so hesitant about carrying one on my ccw.  

Anyway pitch in your 2 cents.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:11:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I wont be the one to stone you, I actually think that it is a very safe way to carry. If I ever pick-up a G26 I might try it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:18:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Dumb, unless you train everyday with it. Which you dont. So dumb.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:29:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Why not just get a holster?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:53:46 PM EDT
[#4]
*Casts First Stone*
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:05:10 PM EDT
[#5]
The question had to be asked, "why not wear a holster"?

Why not? At least you would have some confidence that the gun/holster were still in the same position and the trigger would be shielded, not requiring a little plastic blocky thing.

If...........you ever need to use your gun, it better be right where you expect it and any time at all spent with non-essentials, like punching out the little plastic thingy, is time wasted that could kill you.

Have you tried a good holster?  I doubt that we all can be so wrong.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:38:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Whatever works for you buddy.  I refuse to comment on the trigger block until I use one, but it *looks* just fine.

But for my part, holster.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:59:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Whatever works for you buddy.  I refuse to comment on the trigger block until I use one, but it *looks* just fine.

But for my part, holster.

+1
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:18:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I think the trigger blocks are a fantastic idea. Not fond of the Safe action trigger [it fires when the trigger is pulled- how is this different than anything else with the safety OFF?]

I think the clipdraws are cool.  I was hoping for a grip model for the Ruger MKII .22 but leery of the adhesive tape model.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:14:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:42:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I think the trigger blocks are a fantastic idea. Not fond of the Safe action trigger [it fires when the trigger is pulled- how is this different than anything else with the safety OFF?]

Call me crazy, but I want my weapon to fire when the trigger is pulled.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:53:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I wouldn't clip draw.  Too dangerous.  Why not try Fobus or something?

And the trigger block, hell no.  It may actually induce accidental discharge
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:30:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I will stick with a holster but hey if it works for you go for it. To me it seems like putting a block of wood under the gas pedal until you want to go fast. I would use a holster or get another pistol that you trusted or one of those heavy triggers.  Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:50:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Let me answer that.
I just bought a Crossbreed holster for my 9mm Baby Desert Eagle (Compact). I LOVE the holster! It is not as 'pretty' as other holsters, but, like my jockey shorts, no one's ever (supposed) to see it, so what is wrong with 'ugly' on a CCW holster?

As far as the Clipdraw: I have one on my 1911 Colt, and find myself using it more and more! I go to school often, go to Wally World often, and having to take off the holster is a PITA. For the Clippy, I just pull it outta my pants (that's the 1911, friends, not Mr. Happy), and hide it in my car... go about my bizness... then put it back when I'm done.

Cons on the Clippy: The left-side mechanisms of the 1911 tend to hurt when they scratch my side*. And the 1911 is COLD AS HELL     when I put it on after leaving it in the car overnight!

*I'm gonna put a belt-held leather dingus the length of the slide of the 1911 to prevent these unpleasant things from happening.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:52:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let me answer that.
I just bought a Crossbreed holster for my 9mm Baby Desert Eagle (Compact). I LOVE the holster! It is not as 'pretty' as other holsters, but, like my jockey shorts, no one's ever (supposed) to see it, so what is wrong with 'ugly' on a CCW holster?

As far as the Clipdraw: I have one on my 1911 Colt, and find myself using it more and more! I go to school often, go to Wally World often, and having to take off the holster is a PITA. For the Clippy, I just pull it outta my pants (that's the 1911, friends, not Mr. Happy), and hide it in my car... go about my bizness... then put it back when I'm done.

Cons on the Clippy: The left-side mechanisms of the 1911 tend to hurt when they scratch my side*. And the 1911 is COLD AS HELL     when I put it on after leaving it in the car overnight!

*I'm gonna put a belt-held leather dingus the length of the slide of the 1911 to prevent these unpleasant things from happening.

You take your gun off when you go to Wal Mart?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:02:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I love the concealment of mexican carry. I have a clip on my P-11 and carry it that way. I used a safTblok on a G26 years ago and I find in no way do they hinder normal operation. It pops out during a natural trigger pull. I don't buy the bad guy not being able to fire your gun thing...it'll pop out just as easy for anyone who tries to pull the trigger. If it works for you, go for it. It's more sensible than carrying with an empty chamber.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:26:50 PM EDT
[#16]
I carry my kel-tec with a clip. No problems ever with me. As for the saf-t-blok, I just don't put my finger on the trigger until I want my gun to go off. But whatever works for you. If that added bit of safety makes you feel better and you can shoot with it just fine, more power to you.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:38:18 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

You take your gun off when you go to Wal Mart?

He's in New Mexico and it may be because Wally World sells beer and wine. New Mexico law forbids carry on the premises of any establishment that "dispenses" alcohol and they make no differentiation as to whether it's consumed on premises or off.

The Statute is not valid in the parking lot or driveways.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:40:49 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let me answer that.

You mean like a holster?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:51:55 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I would certainly echo others comments and recommend you buy a good holster and use it.

As for the “safety-block” thingy… I would ditch that thing in a heartbeat. The “safety-block” appears to be dependant on how one is "handed". As such a right handed shooter would push the device out to the left with his/her index finger durring the draw stroke and a left hand shooter would do the opposite pushing the device out to the right. That all sounds great until you have to draw and fire the gun with your offside hand... that might create a bit of a problem. If your worried about the gun going off don’t carry it, plain and simple, but the “safety-block” gizmo only potentially hinders your use of the gun.

Buy a good holster and get some training… that's the best money you can spend if you intend to carry a gun.  

Need to reread my origional post Jason.  I carry all the time, have been for years, I have used small concealment holsters, Fobus paddle holsters, and I have even made some homemade rigs, but none have been this simple to conceal with a T-Shirt and pants. (favorite off duty atire)  Everything else leaves a gun print through my shirts.  

As far as the saftey blok, I do pratice with it all the time it is pretty much muscle memory now.  I promise you in no way does it hinder me getting on target and firing a round.........It is out before I ever get on target.  Heck it is out before I begin bringing my pistol foward.

Thanks for your $.02

I think I have plenty of training but you don't know me or what I do so you wouldn't know that.

Blue lettering above.......  Going for the weapon with my off hand, good point there Jason.  I need to pratice popping it out with my middle finger while drawing it.  thanks man
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top