Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2006 8:33:33 PM EDT
I recently purchased a new Beretta M-9 from a gun shop in city A. The gun, 1 box of target ammo, 1 box of personal protection ammo, all for $635 and some cent. Well, I was up in city B the other week at another gun shop and they wanted over $1200 dollars for the same gun. How in the hell is this possible? I think I may take my M-9 to the gun shop in city B and see if they will trade me straight out for a new H&K .40. It goes for around 800 bucks. What I am wondering is.....Will they compare the 1200 dollar asking price of their M-9 to the trade in value of mine? If so, I may get one hell of a deal. What do you think about this price difference in two different gun shops?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:02:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd try to get them to trade for USP.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:05:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'd try to get them to trade for USP.

+1

(Get a USPf .45)
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:23:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a local gun shop selling a Seecamp .32 for $1100 and $100 for an extra magazine.  I offered him another Seecamp + $500 for his M1A.  He said No Way...
They are well aware of what they are doing.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:25:22 PM EDT
[#4]
they will take your pistol and figure out what they can sell it for and that is how much they will give you.  you can generally get more out of trade than just selling it outright.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:31:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I recently purchased a new Beretta M-9 from a gun shop in city A. The gun, 1 box of target ammo, 1 box of personal protection ammo, all for $635 and some cent. Well, I was up in city B the other week at another gun shop and they wanted over $1200 dollars for the same gun. How in the hell is this possible? I think I may take my M-9 to the gun shop in city B and see if they will trade me straight out for a new H&K .40. It goes for around 800 bucks. What I am wondering is.....Will they compare the 1200 dollar asking price of their M-9 to the trade in value of mine? If so, I may get one hell of a deal. What do you think about this price difference in two different gun shops?

The answer to your question is no.

They will probably offer you $100 to $200 for your pistol. If you take the offer as soon as you leave the store they will put your pistol in the glass case and sell it for some insane ammount.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:12:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Well, I was up in city B the other week at another gun shop and they wanted over $1200 dollars for the same gun. How in the hell is this possible?

We had a guy come into the range late yesterday with his "new" HK Compact, that he was so proud of.

He wanted to see an HK that we had on display and I looked at his gun. It was used, probably low mileage, but quite dirty and he hadn't fired it yet.

I sat down and took a deep breath when he proudly pronounced that he got it "for only $950 at an auction".
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:23:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, I called Gun Store B after lunch today. I talked to the store manager. I asked him what his Beretta M-9's were going for. He told me around 650 roughly. He also told me his Hk USP .40's went for 795. I was in there less than a month ago and I seen and held a Beretta M-9 that had a price tag of 1200 and some cents. I asked one of the guys behind the counter why it was so high. He kinda of didn't want to give me an answer and Hesitated but, came out and said he guessed the owner for some odd reason marked it up that high.

Not knocking this gun store down, but I purchased my Springfield XD-40 from there back in Jan of this year. I am satisfied with what I gave for it.  Well, I got home that night and started looking at everything in the box, looking at the magazines, etc...and noticed that the spare magazine was for a XD-9. Well, I looked alittle more and noticed that the sample casing from the factory was also a 9mm shell casing. I drove back to the gun store b that next morning and talked to a guy that said he would order me a .40 magazine and have it shipped to my home. I was like, can't you just swipe me out one from another box. He was like, no because the next person that buys one will have the same problem. I told him, its not my fault , and I also told him I lived 50 miles away and had already spent 20 dollars in gas to come back up there for there mistake. He told me he would have it shipped to my home in less than 2 days. Well, I leave and head home and stop and best buy . While in Best buy, the store manager calls me and says I probably had the wrong box. I drive all the way back up there and he gives me the correct box and 3 free range passes. He said this has happened several times before.

Ok, my point being................it says on their website:
"So, when you’re considering a gun purchase let xxxxx professionals assist you with this exceedingly important decision".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top