Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2006 7:24:18 AM EDT
I was looking at their website and was wondering if anyone had any of these grips for their 1911? I would love to see some pictures of these grips on your guns of you have them!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:50:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a pair on my 1991. I really liked them. They are made here in Mesa. I found the checkering was very grippy especially with sweaty hands. However, if worn next to bare skin, they will chafe. I found the color would wear down easily if bumped or banged but it was a carry gun so I wasn't concerned with cosmetics. Would I buy them again? Yes, they are pretty decent grips if you are not into wood and don't want the more aggressive G10 grips out there.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:00:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I have OD thin smoothies on my Colt and love'em.  I wish they made them for Paras.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:01:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Do they have a walk-in sales floor? I am in Scottsdale and it would take me about 15 minutes to get there?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:35:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Do they have a walk-in sales floor? I am in Scottsdale and it would take me about 15 minutes to get there?

I think so. I met the owner a couple years ago at the SAR show and he said I could pick them up at his shop where he made them but I ordered mine through Brownells because they were quite a bit cheaper with my trade discount.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:54:45 AM EDT
[#5]
this is a dumb question: are they made of aluminum?

succeptable to denting?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:11:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

succeptable to denting?

Yes, check out their website. www.alumagrips.com

"Precision machining from high grade T-6 aircraft aluminum, on state of the art CNC equipment, assures you the finest fit and finish possible. Your complete satisfaction is our goal. Try a set today and you won't be disappointed. "

I picked up a pair and they seemed to be good quality but only the wrong size. I was thinking of getting a pair "personalized" with the 3 initials of my name. Anyone think that having your initials on your gun would be "teh Ghey"????

It's going to be like $80 bucks for them personalized.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:12:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

succeptable to denting?

Yes, check out their website. www.alumagrips.com

"Precision machining from high grade T-6 aircraft aluminum, on state of the art CNC equipment, assures you the finest fit and finish possible. Your complete satisfaction is our goal. Try a set today and you won't be disappointed. "

I picked up a pair and they seemed to be good quality. I was thinking of getting a pair "personalized" with the 3 initials of my name. Anyone think that having your initials on your gun would be "teh Ghey"????

It's going to be like $80 bucks for them personalized.

just making sure, thanks Msokol13
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Anyone think that having your initials on your gun would be "teh Ghey"????

Ghey....especially for 80 bones
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:43:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Anyone think that having your initials on your gun would be "teh Ghey"????

Ghey....especially for 80 bones

What if his initials are FTW or KMA?  Then it wouldn't be so ghey, now would it?

Woody
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:28:52 AM EDT
[#10]
or IBTL, or DUPE, now you would add some humor to it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top