Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 9:06:52 AM EDT
I've got a Baby Eagle .45 that I really like. Ergonomics are great and it's accurate pistol. SA trigger pull is superb. Only problem is the DA trigger pull - it stacks up to damned near 20 pounds. Magnum Research wont touch it, citing liability and all. Anyone know of a good fix, such as an alternate spring, or where I should do some stoning in the action?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:35:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know how much help this is going to be, and since I dumped my Beagle a few years back I can't check it.  But the gun is a fairly close copy of the Tanfoglio / Witness, and I managed to improve a horribly stacking Witness trigger a bit by clipping a couple coils off the mainspring.  Polishing the sides of the hammer and sear as detailed on the Savvy Survivor website (google savvy survivor witness) yielded further improvement.

I wouldn't recommend beginning to cut on your mainspring until you already had a replacement on hand.  MRI is often a bit reluctant to sell you parts, as I once found out.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:26:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Sell it and find a Jericho .45...
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:30:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Sell it and find a Jericho .45...

Same gun with different brand names stamped on it; don't see what the big improvement would be unless they actually imported one of the Jericho models equipped with a thumb safety (which I don't believe they ever did).

ken_mays, thanks for the info. Actually the Baby Eagle and the Tangfolio Witness have a LOT in common, I've even heard that Tangfolio makes the frames for IMI. The slides will interchange outright, as will magazines and some other small parts. I've gone so far as considering pulling the trigger and safety mechanisms from a Witness and installing them in the Beagle, giving me a thumb safety equipped Baby Eagle .45, but there is a small detent inside the frame for the safety that I don't have the equipment to install.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:05:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I haven't seen any Jericho .45's without the frame safety...
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:57:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I haven't seen any Jericho .45's without the frame safety...

When were these ever imported into the US?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:23:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been seeing them locally and all over Texas for years...
www.gunbroker.com and www.gunsamerica.comusually have them...
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:52:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I've been seeing them locally and all over Texas for years...
www.gunbroker.com and www.gunsamerica.comusually have them...

Searched both those sites earlier today, didn't come up with anything. Hard to believe that in six years of guns shops and gun shows looking for something like that I've never seen one!

When I get home this summer I'll definately be looking - thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:16:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top