Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 10:35:18 AM EDT
Which one should I get for summer (mostly pocket) concealed carry and why?

I already have a Glock 19 so I would have some higher capacity mags for the G26 plus the grip and trigger would be more familiar.  I have owned a G26 and I liked it.  10+1 round capacity.

The only real advantage of the PM9 is that it's a bit smaller and a good bit lighter.  The mag capacity sucks, though. 6+1 rounds.

Are there any reasons to pick the Kahr over the Glock?  I should be able to conceal either one in a pocket... the Glock will be a bit more difficult, of course.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:13:50 AM EDT
[#1]
The Kahr is a lot thinner and lighter. When pocket carrying, thin and light is the way to go. YMMV.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:52:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The Kahr is a lot thinner and lighter. When pocket carrying, thin and light is the way to go. YMMV.

+1

I've owned a 26 and am now the current owner of a PM9.

There is not a real difference in concealability between the 19 and 26.  People say the 26 can be pocket carried, but the PM9 can be done with normal pants.

6+1 capacity... carry a spare mag in the other pocket.  I carry mine with Gold Dots and don't feel undergunned.  You're not going to win a Matrix or Heat style shootout with only a handgun anyway.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:22:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

The only real advantage of the PM9 is that it's a bit smaller and a good bit lighter.

Makes a night and day difference.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:27:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I am a big GLOCK fan and carry the G19 every day but I bought the PM9 as a back up gun for pocket carry. The G26 is almost impossible to conceal in normal pants pockets.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:32:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I am a big GLOCK fan and carry the G19 every day but I bought the PM9 as a back up gun for pocket carry. The G26 is almost impossible to conceal in normal pants pockets.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/glocker199/000_0835_1.jpg

Man!  That's a good looking gun!  You did good!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:46:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/glocker199/000_0835_1.jpg

Man!  That's a good looking gun!  You did good!

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:47:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, that one looks exceptionally clean for a LNIB.  Better than most of the new ones.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:22:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yeah, that one looks exceptionally clean for a LNIB.  Better than most of the new ones.

The gun is in absoltely pristine condition. It was shot some but I don't think it was ever carried.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:40:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I guess I'll have to give the PM9 a try.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:12:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I like Glocks, but the sub-compacts (26/27/33) are too big for the pocket.  I bought a PM9 and it worked much better.  

But then I shot an Kahr MK9, and it was the perfect compromise for me.  Same size as the PM9, but all stainless so a little heavier.  Heavier is bad for pocket carry, but I like it better for follow up shots.  The weight didn't bother my pocket anyway, it was more a size issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top