Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 1:01:04 PM EDT
My Dan Wesson stainless 44 magnum got dropped onto a hard gravel driveway this last weekend. It wound up with several scratches and gouges on the barrel shroud and cylinder.

I'm thinking a bead blasted finish would take all the scratches out and give it a nice new look. Who does this kind of work?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:01:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I just sent my 627 to C&S today for a bead blast (and night sights), so I'll let you know in a month or two.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:08:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I just sent my 627 to C&S today for a bead blast (and night sights), so I'll let you know in a month or two.

"C&S" ? do they have a website?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:10:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Cylinder and Slide.

Some of the best in the industry. (Or so I hear, and hope!). 7 month wait, though.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:17:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Ha ... they use Birdsong, he is right here in town, I went to school with Wally Jr. (Walter Birdsong)
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:22:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you considering getting a Black-T some or other finish? I'd warn against that on a revolver. It will wear at all the contact points (rear of cylinder, parts of trigger, hammer, etc), and it gunks the internals.

Trust me on that one; that is the reason my 627 is getting bead blasted.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:25:13 PM EDT
[#6]
No, I just noticed they use Birdsong ....

I want to get the thing bead blasted to take out the scratches... but I don't see that service listed on thier website, what are they charging you for this service?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:23:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't recall precisely, but something like $60 or $70 for the bead blasting? I paid half for all the work I was going to have done, but that was 7 months ago. I forget.

For bead blasting alone, I'd probably try to find a local smith who can do it. If there are other things you want done, well, get ready for a long wait and call C&S.

(Just to clarify, the actual work on the revolver will take something like a month; but you don't send it in until they are ready, and that took 7 months from the time I placed my work order.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top