Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2006 10:00:09 AM EDT
The link has all the info.  If its reliable it will be a sweet pocket gun.

www.kel-tec.com/old-site/pf9pr.htm
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:52:11 AM EDT
[#1]
How do you think it will compare to the Kahr PM9?  It is priced at $250.00 less.  It also has a rail.  I have been looking for a used PM9 but this migt fit the bill.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:43:55 PM EDT
[#2]
As with all Kel-tec products, my posture is wait and see, and let someone else find the inevitable design and construction flaws.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:46:08 PM EDT
[#3]
The Kel-Tec looks like a bargain. But the Kahr is a quality gun, I just handled one for the first time about an hour ago, and I really like it. The Kahr is .55 inch shorter in length, .3 inch shorter in height and only .02 inch wider. Weighs 1.3 oz. more (and carries one less round). Nothing against Kel Tec (carrying my P3AT as a backup in my pocket right now) but I think I may get the Kahr as a pocket gun for the summer months. I think I may pass on the PF9. JMHO.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:04:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Other than being flat, I see no advantage over any other good small 9mm.

7 rounds? No thanks.

My PT111Pro holds 12+1, and it's reliable. Plenty small, too.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:31:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I think the flattest nine I ever held was a Browning BDM,it was too flat or me I just kept getting too much finger on it!!  15 rounds was a +!

Bob
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:10:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like a waterpistol :P
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:46:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered 2 P11's early last year.  With the slide locked back, the one pistol required me to operate the slide stop with both thumbs and a table to let it go forward.  The other was only slightly bette.  That only required thumbs.  Sent them both back and will never order a kel Tec again.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:37:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I ordered 2 P11's early last year.  With the slide locked back, the one pistol required me to operate the slide stop with both thumbs and a table to let it go forward.  The other was only slightly better.  That only required thumbs.  Sent them both back and will never order a kel Tec again.

Even Glock doesn't call it a slide release.  Nintendo...DUH.

Now go away.  You are unworthy to be in the presence of the Knights that say, "Fluff & Buff".

Dave S

BTW, I fart in your general direction.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:08:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I do see the point of Kahr arms handguns. They are overpriced in my opinion, a Glock 19 in a IWB Comp-tac shirt tucker disappears under my light T-shirt.

I would rather have 17+1 of 9mm(+2 extension(17) with one in the chamber(1)=18rds.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:10:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I think Kel-Tec makes great little guns. My P-11 has run flawlessly and I find it lightweight enough. However, most parts have to be ordered through Kel-Tec and their customer service sucks. I will never own another Kel-Tec because of this reason.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:36:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I ordered 2 P11's early last year.  With the slide locked back, the one pistol required me to operate the slide stop with both thumbs and a table to let it go forward.  The other was only slightly bette.  That only required thumbs.  Sent them both back and will never order a kel Tec again.

Um, its a SLIDE STOP. NOT a slide RELEASE. Read the manual. Slingshot the slide after the reload, its the correct way.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:44:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Um, its a SLIDE STOP. NOT a slide RELEASE. Read the manual. Slingshot the slide after the reload, its the correct way.

If it "couldnt" be USED as a "Slide release" then answer this question for me.....

Why would companies make "extended" slide stops and put grooves on them?

I have an "extended"slide stop for all of my glocks and 1911's. Even though I DO use the sling shot method it is still good to have and be able to use it should you get into a situation where you dont have use of both hands and need to drop the slide on a fresh Mag.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:47:02 PM EDT
[#13]
The Kel Tec P11 is not designed to have the slide STOP manipulated with your thumb. The slide is not cut correctly for its release when you apply pressure.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:41:27 AM EDT
[#14]
I want a P-11....but this PF-9 looks good too   [:\]

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:12:47 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Other than being flat, I see no advantage over any other good small 9mm.

7 rounds? No thanks.

My PT111Pro holds 12+1, and it's reliable. Plenty small, too.

unfortunately their triggers suck ass.... however, so do kel-tec's.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:18:50 AM EDT
[#16]
"It has been developed from our highly successful P-11 and P-3AT pistols with maximum concealability in mind."

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:32:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Never have had a problem with my P-3AT
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:31:48 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

If it "couldnt" be USED as a "Slide release" then answer this question for me.....

Why would companies make "extended" slide stops and put grooves on them?

Simple. To make money.

I would sell my own shit if people would buy it.  Actualy, if I spray painted it black and called it "tactical shit," I'm sure I could sell it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:04:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
their customer service sucks.

i had just the opposite experience.

i bought a used p32 that- SUPRISE- didn't work

sent it back on monday

got it back on thursday, functioning 100%.

no charge

keltec pistols are worth the money

when they break, the company stands behind them

the 1st 2 colt pistols i bought didn't work either- i didn't write off colt, and i would own another keltec also
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:04:52 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
"It has been developed from our highly successful P-11 and P-3AT pistols with maximum concealability in mind."

Are you saying you don't think they aren't successful? You may not like them, but Kel-Tec sells a shit load of guns. I would guess that the P3AT might be the #1 selling .380 in the country.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:54:02 PM EDT
[#21]
I think we have all heard the horror stories about the P3AT. I personally lived it. I bought 2, one I traded in, the other would only shoot +p reliably. I now have the .32 and it functions 100%. I have no complaints about it. I also just purchased a Sub2000 used. I am not knocking the company, just making a little poke at a particular product the alot of folks have had troubles with. I do not need a light rail on a CCW, but I am interested in a 9mm Kel-tec. Hows the reliability of the P11?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:18:21 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I think we have all heard the horror stories about the P3AT. I personally lived it. I bought 2, one I traded in, the other would only shoot +p reliably. I now have the .32 and it functions 100%. I have no complaints about it. I also just purchased a Sub2000 used. I am not knocking the company, just making a little poke at a particular product the alot of folks have had troubles with. I do not need a light rail on a CCW, but I am interested in a 9mm Kel-tec. Hows the reliability of the P11?

My brother has been carrying a shooting a P-11 for 5 years. He has never had any malfunctions and really loves the gun. Personally, I don't care for the long, heavy trigger of the P-11.

I have a P-32 and a Sub2000, both of which have been flawless.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:40:17 AM EDT
[#23]
I have had great experiences with Kel-Tec, both their products and their customer service, and as both a dealer and an owner/carrier.

If this one is small/light enough to replace my P3AT (zero problems ) as my all-day/every-day pocket-gun without adding enough size/weight to adversely affect comfort/concealment (my P3AT doesn't print at all & is light enough that I forget it is even there), then I'll definitely buy one & wring it out (and post about it here, of course ).  However, it doesn't appeal to me at all for holster/primary carry - too small & low-capacity, IMHO.  YMMV, of course.

(And I personally don't see the utility of a rail on a gun this small - if they offer it with & without, I'll get one without.  Again, YMMV.)
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:42:17 PM EDT
[#24]
I have been carrying a P-11 for about 5 years as a backup/deep concealement gun.  I was looking at the P3AT, which many of our guys use as backups.  My only complaint about the P-11 is it's a bit thick when on a vest - but I didn't want to step down to the .380 after much contemplation.  This looks like the compromise I have been searching for.  I think I will buy one when funds permit (and I can get away with it in the eyes of the wife).  If I get one, I'll let everyone know how it works.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:15:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Pocket carry is a major advantage, and double stack mags are not. By the time you miss that much, you will have a bullet hole in you, unless you are very lucky.  A single stack lies much more discretely in a pocket than a double stack.

By having your hand on your gun (still in your pocket) whenever you perceive a possible threat, you speed up your draw by 1/4-3/4 second (depending upon skill level and type of rig and garment). Since anyone can club, stab, or shoot you 4-5 times per second, I consider that time savings to be of vital importance.

Nearly all of the time, the attack stops at the mere "appearance" of your (ready to fire) gun, so speed into action is vital.  If you have to actually shoot somebody, the price for staying out of jail and not losing a civil suit is likely to be $50,000.  It's much better to just have them see the gun in time to back away.  

If you can't solve your problem with 7 rds (and a fast mag change) you probably can't solve it with any pistol, other than if luck saves the day for you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top