Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 9:51:35 AM EDT
still a POS. 3 in, 3 out, and 2 back in to the local gunshop already due to lite primer strikes. Guess the FP spring sheath is swelling and causing lite FP primer strikes.

Just shoot the Beotch and put it out of it's misery. The firt one was a POS and the second intineration seems to be no better.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:30:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I would still take one over a Hand Grenade Glock
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:08:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you mean the M&P?

I sent mine back for light hits also - they replaced the slide group & now it's 100%.

I like it better than the .40 Glocks (of which I own 2).
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:11:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:07:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get a new schtick.  Yours is tired.

No
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:09:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No

Snap
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:11:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No

Snap

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:13:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No

Snap

Keep winking like that and some sailor will hit on you.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:51:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No

Snap

Keep winking like that and some sailor will hit on you.

I suppose I should be weary.  Those boats are full of seamen after all.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:55:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I have owned 3 Sigmas and I will take my Glock any any any day over one of those paper weight pieces of garbage. There are plenty of other nice polymer pistols out there but the Sigma is not one of them in my oinion based on the three I owned.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:08:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I just sold my new generation 9mm sigma today.  I bought it new and tried to like it, really I did.  I dry fired it several thousand times at least and fired 400 live rounds.  The trigger pull smoothed up some, but it still wasn't acceptable IMO for anything but close shooting at larger targets.  They almost had it right except for the stinkin' trigger pull; great sights, grip ergos, thin grip, good mags, reliability, etc.  

I'm an old double-action revolver shooter and couldn't master the sigma trigger.  In the past, I mastered 6 different (3 ruger and 3 S&W) 357 mag. revolvers for fast DA shooting, but the little plastic gun beat me.  I just gave up; better luck to the new owner.  It'd be OK for concealed carry, but forget it for anything requiring precision.  JMHO

I'll probably replace it with a glock 19 although an XD9 is the dark horse candidate.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:54:26 PM EDT
[#11]
The trigger's bad, but it ain't THAT bad.  I'd take it over a DA revolver any day of the fuckin week.

Of course, I've also modified mine by taking a couple springs out, and that cuts the pull by like.. half.

Personally, I'd have to say that it's the best value in the gun market as far as carry pieces are concerned.  A little over $250 for a new, fully functioning semi-auto?  That isn't a hi-point?  Sounds good to me.

I really don't know what's wrong the ones other people buy... I'm thinking maybe they're buying the first gens and mistaking them for the new ones, because I've only had two magazine-related failures in over a thousand rounds, and that's it.  In less than 500 my Glock 20's failed to extract twice.

Of course, those were both with the same type of ammo, and I like 10mm... so the Glock it is.

I treat my sigma like absolute shit and it doesn't fail.  I've never known anyone else's whose had, either.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:25:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I can assure you that I had a new generation (model sw9ve to be exact) sigma purchased NIB.  I never had a failure to feed, fire, or eject and really didn't expect one; it's a good design in that respect.  I loved the narrow staggered magazine; most widebody grips are too wide for me but not the sigma.  It was a great fit and one reason I held onto it for 8-9 months dry firing the hell out of it.  That helped smooth the pull, but the letoff was inconsistent.  

A good DA revolver trigger pull is so superior to the sigma, I don't even know where to start especially when the pull weight is heavier on the revolver.  A consistent, smooth, even pull is the key to fast DA shooting, not a super low pull weight.  Almost any rough, gritty, bumpy trigger pull can be used for very slow fire and still get acceptable results, but speed up the shooting and weaknesses become very obvious.  

The sigma just isn't up to precision shooting by most people especially under time and speed pressure.  I got a very good deal on the new sigma and really don't like having to put another $200 with the money from selling it to buy another pistol, but that's what it'll take for the better performance I require.  

I hope your sigma continues to meet your needs.   Mine didn't and I listed the reasons why.  It's a great price IF it does the required job.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:19:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

i'll take the Glock Hand Grenade!

and SW autos, in general, arnt as good as i would expect (except for thier 1911 line, which is NICE)
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:33:50 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The trigger's bad, but it ain't THAT bad.  I'd take it over a DA revolver any day of the fuckin week.

Of course, I've also modified mine by taking a couple springs out, and that cuts the pull by like.. half.

Personally, I'd have to say that it's the best value in the gun market as far as carry pieces are concerned.  A little over $250 for a new, fully functioning semi-auto?  That isn't a hi-point?  Sounds good to me.

I really don't know what's wrong the ones other people buy... I'm thinking maybe they're buying the first gens and mistaking them for the new ones, because I've only had two magazine-related failures in over a thousand rounds, and that's it.  In less than 500 my Glock 20's failed to extract twice.

Of course, those were both with the same type of ammo, and I like 10mm... so the Glock it is.

I treat my sigma like absolute shit and it doesn't fail.  I've never known anyone else's whose had, either.

Hell, I actually have one of the first generation Sigmas in .40 (was given to me as a gift).  Not particularly accurate, but goes bang every time and the trigger has smoothed out a lot with being fired.  The lack of good grip checkering on the first gen is a downside.  Definitely better than a hi-point or a cheap DA revolver.  Considering the price, it's kind of apples and oranges to compare a Sigma to a pistol that costs about twice as much (Glock) and not really appropriate at all to compare it to anything more costly (like a SIG or a good 1911).  I'd probably like it better if it was in 9mm.  The best .40 pistol is probably the HK USP because it was designed for .40 from day one, unlike most .40's that are 9mm's with a new mag, barrel, extractor and breech face/firing pin.  Even then, I don't like the USP much because it's a little expensive for what it is and it doesn't fit my hands worth a damn anyway (feels like a 2x4).  The Sigma design is basically good, S&W could make it 100% if they'd just refine the design a little bit and practice better quality control, like using better parts (better springs and the like).  As for the trigger weight, that's probably S&W's way of avoiding lawsuits () and trying to keep people who are "professional enough" from shooting themselves in the thigh ().  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:47:43 PM EDT
[#15]
I actually like the way it "feels" quite a bit.  Second only to a SAA-style Herter's I have.

Of course, I also like the way the G20 feels, too.  I'm starting to think that a lot of gun people are just pansies, haha.

The trigger can be ignored/modified/practiced with, but the accuracy is something I've noticed, as has a friend of mine whose borrowing it.  You'll never win a competition with one, but then again, it's just fine for center of mass at ten yards, so it works for me.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:53:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would require him to have something intelligent to say and I have yet to see that happen.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:26:01 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I actually like the way it "feels" quite a bit.  Second only to a SAA-style Herter's I have.

Of course, I also like the way the G20 feels, too.  I'm starting to think that a lot of gun people are just pansies, haha.

The trigger can be ignored/modified/practiced with, but the accuracy is something I've noticed, as has a friend of mine whose borrowing it.  You'll never win a competition with one, but then again, it's just fine for center of mass at ten yards, so it works for me.

+1 and that's all it was designed for.  Cheap service pistol.  Not bad at all when you compare it to other pistols in the same/similar price range.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#18]
I will say that I generally liked the .40 Sigma I shot several years ago, with the exception of one of the worst triggers I've ever seen or even heard about.  Fix that and it might be good to go.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:37:05 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would require him to have something intelligent to say and I have yet to see that happen.

In the time honored fashion of bringing nothing new to the table

+1!!!!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:40:49 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In the time honored fashion of bringing nothing new to the table

+1!!!!

+87 Seriously, though, we know Glocks are capable of a KB when fed incorrect ammo (overloaded lead reloads/handloads).  All firearms are capable of the same thing.  Should be common sense that it's not smart to shoot extremely hot ammo in a plastic or alloy/aluminum framed weapon anyway, for a number of reasons, such as recoil/practical accuracy, wear and tear, KB risk, etc.  The idea that Glocks are like hand grenades is getting quite old.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top