Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 6:03:28 PM EDT
Hey all for those of u who posted in my last thread, and anyone else who ones to contribute their 2 cents. After looking around at all the choises i think i am going to go with the cz 75bd, or the p01 or whatever the short barrel model is called u know the one with the rail mounted on it. Well my question is for those of u who have shot them, would the shorter barrel hurt acuracy in any way. Seeing how the regualr model has a barre lof 4.7 and the compact is 3.9 is there any diference in how they shoot. Post any experiences u guys have had with either one. Thanks

Ps: the other choises where the xd9, ruger, glock 19, and usp.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:24:16 PM EDT
[#1]
You're gonna lose energy and it'll be a lot louder with a 3" barrel...
I say get the full size or go with G19 or USP.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:52:04 PM EDT
[#2]
USP or Glock
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:55:47 AM EDT
[#3]
i have a cz75 d pcr compact.  basically that is the model that the p-01 is replacing.  3.9" vs 4.7" does not really hurt inherant accuracy unless you are talking long range.  the accuracy issue is really the shorter sight radius and therefore it will not be as accurate for the shooter.  yes there is some energy loss but not much really.  when choosing a carry/self defense load you might want to get a few and chrono them to see what is consistently the fastest.  i love mine.  it is a great pistol.  you will enjoy it immensely.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:06:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Doesn't the new CZ have a 3" barrel?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:41:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Doesn't the new CZ have a 3" barrel?

The CZ RAMI has one in that ballpark.  The CZ they are discussing is the next size up...  The midsize model.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top