Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 7:38:25 AM EDT
I need a belt slide holster for a small pistol that can be quickly detached from the belt. I was looking at the Galco Matrix and wondered if they are any good.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:02:19 AM EDT
[#1]
i had a galco m7x matrix for the 9mm frame sized glocks. i wore it like 2 times then sold it on the EE. i liked The wilderness tactical zipslide much better. only available for glocks, 92's and 1911's though IIRC.

the matrix was fine retention wise (both on the belt and the gun), but it was very thick and had no flexibility when i was working with it on. for a simple range holster it is more then adaquate and excels in that position. anything more and its flaws become very apparant.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:13:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i had a galco m7x matrix for the 9mm frame sized glocks. i wore it like 2 times then sold it on the EE. i liked The wilderness tactical zipslide much better. only available for glocks, 92's and 1911's though IIRC.

the matrix was fine retention wise (both on the belt and the gun), but it was very thick and had no flexibility when i was working with it on. for a simple range holster it is more then adaquate and excels in that position. anything more and its flaws become very apparant.

OK, thanks. I need a similar designed holster for a Kahr MK40.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:42:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked up a Galco Matrix about 10 days ago for my Glock 27 and have used it a few times around town and have worn it around the house to see how I like it.

I like it.

It is well made and easy enough on and off the belt. It tucks the G27 into my side nicely. It has good retention but isn't too tight. I don't know how much I will actually use it as the G27 isn't my primary carry piece, but it is a nice holster (though I prefer my Versa Max II for my 1911)

The Matrix was about $26.

Hope this helps,
Chris
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top