Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2006 1:24:51 PM EDT
Well looks like the Kahr / NYPD drama continues. The NYPD has removed the Kahr K9 9mm pistol from the list of authorized off duty pistols and recalling all pistols after about a year and a half of serious problems of which I will outline in bullet format :

1. There have been 46 catostrophic structures failures with the K9
2. These failures have not been isolated to a single part.
3. There have been many , many parts breaking after only a couple hundred rounds fired.
4. Major quality control lapses , such as 40 caliber parts in the 9mm K9 .
5. Extrememly poor quality springs on the gun such a the recoil spring which often needs to be replaced after only 300-400 rds.
6. The trigger spring taking a set down to as low as 4 lbs !!!

Anyway it appears as if Kahr has gone over FTU's head and hired a big shot to lobby for them at One Police Plaza . So as of now there will be no action taken , no massive recall during a "moritorium" to reevaluate the situation.  

I think Kahrs problem is that they got too big too fast . They made an excellent line up of guns. I think they just need to slow down and re -group.

Anyway just thought you all would like some info

take care

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:20:41 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Well looks like the Kahr / NYPD drama continues. The NYPD has removed the Kahr K9 9mm pistol from the list of authorized off duty pistols and recalling all pistols after about a year and a half of serious problems of which I will outline in bullet format :

1. There have been 46 catostrophic structures failures with the K9( In one year? WOW )
2. These failures have not been isolated to a single part.
3. There have been many , many parts breaking after only a couple hundred rounds fired.
4. Major quality control lapses , such as 40 caliber parts in the 9mm K9 .
5. Extrememly poor quality springs on the gun such a the recoil spring which often needs to be replaced after only 300-400 rds.
6. The trigger spring taking a set down to as low as 4 lbs !!!

Anyway it appears as if Kahr has gone over FTU's head and hired a big shot to lobby for them at One Police Plaza . So as of now there will be no action taken , no massive recall during a "moritorium" to reevaluate the situation.  

I think Kahrs problem is that they got too big too fast . They made an excellent line up of guns. I think they just need to slow down and re -group.

Anyway just thought you all would like some info

take care

So much for the Glock being the KABOOM King.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top