Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2006 5:11:08 AM EDT
I cannot find quality gun leather for a Browning Hi-Power. Nobody seems to have anything in stock. My wife and I are going to a handgun course and I need a two mag pouch, holster and belt-all for the wife. Anybody have any ideas?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:47:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I just got my new USA holster from Galco for my Taurus 24/7 and with a little bit of the glid-eze or whatever they call it, it works like a charm.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:25:03 AM EDT
[#2]
For a holster, try a 1911 holster.  The 2 guns are very similar.  Likewise, try some a magpouch for a Sig 226 or a Smith and Wesson.  They are both of similar dimensions.  For a belt, that shouldn't be gun specific.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:01:47 PM EDT
[#3]
gunnersalley.com has a good selection, and phenominal customer service. They have busted butt to get me gear in time for a class before. I'd suggest calling them.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:16:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Galco Fletch.....I love 'em....might as well get a Galco belt and a dual mag pouch while yer at it.  You'll need to pretend that your holster is a little veal calf at first.  You have to rub and massage the leather and fit the gun to the rig but after a couple of days it fits like a glove.  Sadly, unlike a well massaged veal calf, you can't cook and eat the holster when your done massaging it....

however, you could use the Browning to dispatch said calf........

p.s. www.usgalco.com
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:09:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Check out Don Hume. Made in the USA for about the same price as Fobus.
www.donhume.com/Products/ProductsList.cfm?action=SearchByWeapon&WeaponID=25

I have a double nine cocked an locked for my 1911's and a JIT for my Glock 17.
Both are nice holsters but require about 50 to 75 draws before they smooth up. Look around online and ebay and you can usually find them cheaper than what the factory sells em for.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:42:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Midway has more Bianchi holsters for the BHP in stock than I can count.  A quick look at belts seems to be hit or miss, though.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:11:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:37:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Must it be a leather?  I've placed order for mine with Milt Sparks and they quoted me 14-18 weeks of wait time...

If you go the Comp-tac C.T.A.C. route, you'll have it in 3 days.

Quoted:
I cannot find quality gun leather for a Browning Hi-Power. Nobody seems to have anything in stock. My wife and I are going to a handgun course and I need a two mag pouch, holster and belt-all for the wife. Anybody have any ideas?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top