Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 7:20:46 PM EDT

2nd generation Bren Ten SM    NIB.....
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:25:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm green with envy.

Nice haul!

Danny

P.S. If you ever get tired of it, lemme know.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:28:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Good Score

Where did you find a Bren Ten? Local gun shop or off the internet?

Are you going to get the slide refinished to look like Crockett's

Post a range report when you get the chance. I would love to know how well one shoots.

Chris
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#3]
May or may not hardchrome the slide.. These guns are different than what you might expect... Lighter than they look... Point perfectly, very well balanced... Few oddball parts internally, but very simple design... This gun still has the lithium grease in it!  Well it did....This one has been fired at the factory only, and came from a collector in Florida. I am working up some really lite 10mm loads.. Ill fire it, but cant decide if I will molest it and get the slide done...VERY well put together.. Rack the slide on a Colt 45 ACP then the same on a Wilson Combat....Best way to describe.

Range report to follow, after I have it magnafluxed Monday.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I have wanted one of those since the '80s when I first saw Crockett pull his out (Bren Ten that is). If it's not in too much of bad taste can I ask how much you paid for it? I have never seen one for sale, despite my weak half-hearted searching.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:01:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Took a long, long time to find... Years actually... $2250 shipped... It does have a small blemish on the slide stop as it was laying on its side in the box for 2 decades... Otherwise... Nice...
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:16:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I always liked the S&W 1076 in that caliber.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:17:42 AM EDT
[#7]

congrats!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:02:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Nicely Done gmtmaster!

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:08:13 AM EDT
[#9]
very cool!! i would leave the slide alone looks great the way it is.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:13:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks guys.... Ive wanted one of these for 20 years.. Every pistol Ive bought in my adult live  has been because " It kinda looks like a Bren Ten"    The broker for this gun also has large amts of spare parts... Which s good.....

Ill probably not molest this and get the slide done   But who knows... This is WAAAYYY more addictive than BRD...I see more coming my way if I can afford them.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:25:39 AM EDT
[#11]
jealousy...burning...deep...inside me

congrats!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:30:32 AM EDT
[#12]
What is it about a Bren Ten that is so coveted?  I've heard so much talk about them, but I don't know anything about it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top