Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2006 12:53:28 PM EDT
On Blade-Tech, they're selling two different holsters, one of which is their old style Kydex and their new style which is injection molded polymer...

Their old style costs $64.95 while the new style only costs $14.95...

It seems like an obvious choice to go with the cheaper one but, is the holster with the lower cost made of a bad quality material?

www.blade-tech.com/product.php?productid=815&cat=259&page=1
www.blade-tech.com/product.php?productid=871&cat=257&page=1
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:57:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, judging from the pictures - the injection molded holster does not completely cover the trigger guard...

That's a no-go in IPSC competition...

Nevermind...
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:03:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:07:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
www.blade-tech.com/help.php?section=FAQ--question 3

Thanks!

Do you know if they completely cover the trigger guard?

It doesn't seem like it in the pictures...
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:15:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.blade-tech.com/help.php?section=FAQ--question 3

Thanks!

Do you know if they completely cover the trigger guard?

It doesn't seem like it in the pictures...

sorry, no idea--i'll let you know when i get an injected molded on for my glock in a few days...
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:08:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm still angry about a stupid injection molded holster I bought from Uncle Mikes for a 1911. It said it would fit a belt up to 1 3/4", and when I put it on my 1 1/2" Don Hume belt it tore the shit out of my nice belt. That holster is a real piece of crap. It fits the pistol poorly, provides terrible retention, and it sticks out at an awful angle from my waistline when worn and flops around.

Now, I realize that Blade-tech is many orders of magnitude better, quality wise than UM, but now every time I hear "injection molded" I cringe. I seriously wonder due to my limited experience with IM holsters if some if not all of these problems are to be expected from IM rigs.

At $14.95 it's pretty tempting to give one a shot though. Maybe while I'm waiting for my 1911 to come back from the Novak custom shop I can put in an order for a nicer ride. This Uncle Mikey holster is going to get shot for what it did to my beautiful Don Hume belt.

That's what I get for being a cheapskate I suppose. The 1911 is a plinker, and nothing special, but I've put a lot of work into it to get it running, and now I'm getting some more work done on it, but I still don't think I'll be carrying it for anything more than range work. A $14 holster that is functional would make me happy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top