Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 10:16:41 AM EDT
Has anyone played around or own one? Im thinkin about pickin one up since they are relatively enexpensive and a friend of mine also told me that it is a Walther copy as well, but I forget which model it is. Just wondering if anybody has one or has seen one.

Thannks
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:38:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought one a few years ago, they are a heck of a deal.  Pretty light since it has an alloy frame, conceals well, pretty accurate for an old surplus police weapon from the Soviet bloc.  FEG started off with close copies of the PP/PPK action, but the PA-63 is a little more inline with the Makarov since it handles the 9x18 Mak round.  Pretty stone-dead reliable all in all.  I think I paid $100 or $150 for mine.

I've fed it Winchester FMJ, Barnaul JHP, Hornady JHP, and Wolf FMJ without any problems.  The Barnaul  is some crazy stuff, makes that light frame recoil pretty hard.  If you don't keep a tight grip for the Barnaul, it'll chew up the web of your hand.  The Wolf FMJ is loaded much lighter, so it is pleasurable to shoot.  That's normal for Wolf and Barnaul though--Barnaul is almost always the better, higher-powered Russian ammo.

I see Aim Surplus has them again.  I'd buy another if it was convenient.  Can't go wrong!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:06:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I use one as my CCW. It is light and the alloy frame prevents it from rust. Of course the slide needs to be kept clean and lightly oiled. It is reliable and packs a fairly good punch for its size/weight. The downsides are a not-so-great trigger in SA and it gets worse in DA mode. Accuracy has been good for me. BTW, it does have a bit of kick to it due to its light weight.
Overall it is a damn good deal for the money and I feel perfectly fine carrying one for my own defense.
BTW, my CCW choices are a BHP, Security Six or a M1911 so if I choose the PA63 over these for regular carry you can guess how I feel about it)
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:54:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine was very accurate and in great condition - would not feed a 3-4 rounds in a row, tried several brands of ammo, tried different magazines, and replace the recoil spring.  Feed ramp was smooth - got rid of it

jeff
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:13:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I think I may pick one up. I seen them and thought, huh, thats a neat lil bugger
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:31:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I asked about this gun a while back here is my post:

ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=4&t=24983
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top