Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 12:36:07 PM EDT
How would you feel carrying a cocked GLOCK in a Smartcarry holster? What are the chances of it going off? Does the Smartcarry holster sit over your cock?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:57:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I would feel like I should get a real holster I could draw from in a reasonable amount of time.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:56:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh boy, I posted a similar question in the GD and all of the Rambo wannabes came out of the woodwork.  

If you don't need zero printing, I'd say go with something else, a good rigid holster that doesn't allow the pistol to ride up or down but still always check that it's clear before holstering.  When I don't need zero printing or am wearing a jacket, I carry my USPf 45 IWB condition 2.

If you need ZERO printing, the SmartCarry is the best solution compromise I've found for me.  It sits over your bladder, whether the wind is blowing or you're leaned back, nobody will know you're packing.  However, the gun is pointing straight at your boys and the fact that it's not captive or rigid doesn't instill a lot of confidence with a gun with no external safety so I carry it condition 3 with my PM9.  People who think they are too professional for a ND will shit all over the idea of carrying Israeli style but I tend to value my nads.  Considering that 40% of the people said they have had a ND/AD in that poll and how easy it is for Glocks/Kahrs/Kel-Tecs, etc.. to have their triggers snagged, in a deep cover holster, I'd say it's a valid risk assessment.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:58:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Not a chance in hell.  

I like my smartcarry a lot, but not for a Glock.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:51:37 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Oh boy, I posted a similar question in the GD and all of the Rambo wannabes came out of the woodwork.  

If you don't need zero printing, I'd say go with something else, a good rigid holster that doesn't allow the pistol to ride up or down but still always check that it's clear before holstering.  When I don't need zero printing or am wearing a jacket, I carry my USPf 45 IWB condition 2.

If you need ZERO printing, the SmartCarry is the best solution compromise I've found for me.  It sits over your bladder, whether the wind is blowing or you're leaned back, nobody will know you're packing.  However, the gun is pointing straight at your boys and the fact that it's not captive or rigid doesn't instill a lot of confidence with a gun with no external safety so I carry it condition 3 with my PM9.  People who think they are too professional for a ND will shit all over the idea of carrying Israeli style but I tend to value my nads.  Considering that 40% of the people said they have had a ND/AD in that poll and how easy it is for Glocks/Kahrs/Kel-Tecs, etc.. to have their triggers snagged, in a deep cover holster, I'd say it's a valid risk assessment.

So since it sits over your dick, the barrel of the gun doesn't point at it right? Does it point at your ankles or legs?

Ty.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:25:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So since it sits over your dick, the barrel of the gun doesn't point at it right? Does it point at your ankles or legs?

Ty.

It sits over your bladder so the gun is pointed straight at your nads.  If it goes off, you're done with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top