Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 7:52:46 PM EDT
Just a few photos from my range trip this last weekend... sorry for the poor quality of photography, but hey... its only a cell phone camera!  

I put 300 rounds through my older SIG 226 and I have to tell you... its getting FILTHY... I am about ready to clean it.  

As I am sure you are aware, I wanted to see if my older SIG can stand up to the test I put my Glock 19 through a couple years ago.  

Nothing fancy, but basically I just shoot the shit out of it over a period of time until its so dirty it malfunctions.  No salt water or buckets of Alien Acid... just normal range shooting with no cleaning.

Towards the end of the day the SIG finally got dirty enough to have a few slight malfunctions... the slide got gummed up enough that it would not go back into battery fully without a little help.  

This has happened after only 2200 rounds over a 3 month time period.  As you may remember my Glock went over 3500 rounds, and did not malfunction at all and I finally gave up and cleaned it.

(and no, before you ask this particular SIG is not my carry gun... my newer SIG 226 is and it gets cleaned every range trip)  

I am going to take the SIG out for one more range trip before I clean it... but at this point I can say that I am slightly more accurate with the SIG, but it cannot take what the Glock can as far as getting dirty and continuing to function flawlessly.  

I also put a few hundred rounds through my Taurus .22 revolver... I love this little plinker!  It still continues to function flawlessly.  

Here are a few pics...

Me...

The Sig and Taurus I had out this weekend.

A look down range.  

This is a cool target I printed up that helps identify bad shooting habits...

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:17:16 PM EDT
[#1]
do you have a link to where i can print that target?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:42:04 PM EDT
[#2]
keep em clean

nice grouping
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:47:24 PM EDT
[#3]
i'd like to know where to get that target also.  gettin my first pistol this week and i'm sure i'll have some kinks to iron out.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:28:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't have the link anymore but you can save the picture and print it out.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:25:31 AM EDT
[#5]
thanks!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:44:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Interesting target but I wouldn't trust what the target says as gospel. When I first started shooting a Glock 23 I had a problem anticipating the snappy recoil of the .40. My shots were consistantly landing low left...according to that target i should be high left.  

I identified the anticipation problem by having someone else load a couple of snap-caps into the magazine in a random order. Everytime I came to a snap cap I found myself pushing the weapon down to the left...those things are great for identifing bad habits.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:31:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Interesting target but I wouldn't trust what the target says as gospel. When I first started shooting a Glock 23 I had a problem anticipating the snappy recoil of the .40. My shots were consistantly landing low left...according to that target i should be high left.  

I identified the anticipation problem by having someone else load a couple of snap-caps into the magazine in a random order. Everytime I came to a snap cap I found myself pushing the weapon down to the left...those things are great for identifing bad habits.

Same here I was doing ths with My CZ and my Sig P220 both guns were low and left so I knew it was me and the second trip to the range was a different story, I got back on track using more control and squeezing slowly, specially with the CZ

My P220 also failed to close the slide all the way after about 150 rounds it happened only once and while my friend was shooting it, it was her first time in a long long time so it could have been her hold
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:38:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I don't have the link anymore but you can save the picture and print it out.

www.rmholsters.com/glockguns/correctionchart.jpg

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THAT!!!

PJ

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top