Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2006 11:10:44 AM EDT
CZ handguns have really caught my interest lately and I really like what I hear about them, the P-01 in paticular.

I own a G19, and I was wondering if someone who was familiar with both could comment on how they feel about the Glock as compared to the CZ.  I am familiar with the technical specifications on each, I am looking for more of a comparison in terms of overall fit and finish, accuracy, and reliability.

I have not had the opportunity to handle a P-01 yet but everything I have read has been overwhelmingly positive.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:32:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd stick with the Glock, I've fired the CZ at the range and wasn't impressed.

Just my opinion though.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:55:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Ever see the torture testing that the P01 was put through?

Short of the MK23, I think its one of the most thoroughly tested pistols on the planet.  

And it performed remarkably well.

I own one, and its a damn fine gun.  CZ's are one of the best kept secrets in the firearm industry.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:19:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I have not shot the CZ enough to comment on its reliability, but I can tell you that there is no pistol proven to be more reliable than GLOCK 9mms. My personal G19 has almost 30,000 rounds down the pipe with zero malfunctions. The CZ is a similar sized weapon, but heavier and more complicated. Personally, I don't really care for the DA/SA operation system at all. IMO, you are much better off with a consistant trigger pull for fast shooting under stress, whether it be Safe Action, cocked and locked, or DAO.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:20:30 PM EDT
[#4]
As a lefty, I must say I'd rather have the 19.  The P01 feels great in the hand, but the single sided decocker is tough to operate, impossible for me to use without breaking the shooting grip.  Also, the 'slide in frame' construction leaves little room to grab to rack the slide, but that might be a personal issue
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:24:23 PM EDT
[#5]
i have a cz75 compact d which is essentially the same as the p-01 but without the rail.  i love it.  it is one of the most comfortable pistols i have ever held.  i have no experience with the g19 but i don't like the grip on the g17 at all.  it is not comfortable to me at all.  also the decocker on the p-01 does not drop the hammer all the way but to a half-cock so that the first trigger pull is not a true double action pull.  they also don't feel as heavy in the hand as they say they are.  as far as the slide rails inside the frame, yes there is a smaller area to grip when racking the slide but it is easy to get used to.  and it is pretty hard to beat the $450 price tag on the cz.  as was said before--they are the best kept secret in firearms.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:44:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I've only put about 100 rounds through a Glock 19 as opposed to 1000+ through my P-01.

It really comes down to personal preference.  Both have a lot going for them... I like the CZ because there is no safety but the first pull being a little heavy is just a little safer in my book.

I carry in a vest or with Thunderwear (I've been razzed for that in the past... whatever) and the CZ is a bit heavy.

You need to play around with the CZ before you make any decisions.

- BG
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:26:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I own both and they are both superb pistols in my opinion. I carry my G19 everywhere and call it my old reliable but the only reason I do not carry my P01 is that my wife will not set it out at night even though I had the light mounted on it. She would still put the G19 next to the bed. So instead of having multiple pistols around I just have my Glock out. If it were only me I would use the P01 since I think it is the best 9mm on the market. It is the most comfortable pistol I have ever held and is as reliable as my Glock (100%) and is more accurate than my Glock and it has a hammer for a second strike if you are concerned about that. The Glock has better sights in my opinion and the mags are esier and cheaper to get than the P01 mags however you can use CZ75 mags in the p01 like you can G17 mags in a G19. You realy can not go wrong with either pistol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top