Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 5:08:05 PM EDT
Hello,
Today I have made one of my dreams come true...I brought home a Colt Python, serial # 68xxxE, which apparently means it was made in 1977.

I guess I still have lots to learn about Colts, because I don't know what frame this is or which grips I need for it as I want a set of Pachmeyr presentation grips for it.

Can anyone please help me with which frame (I or E) designation Colt puts on this pistol and which Pachmeyr presentation grips I need. Maybe a like to a great buy on the grips if possible!!

Thanks and GB!

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:44:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I frame.

I have a set of Pachmayer grips and it is very comfortable, even more than the factory walnut grips.  The factory wood grips look very nice, but not all that comfortable when shooting full-house magnum loads.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:19:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:10:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I also have the Pachmeyr grips with the Colt emblem. I find the Pachmeyr's much more comfortable to shoot with..
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:44:35 AM EDT
[#4]
You can still buy Pachmayr Presentation grips with the Gold Colt emblem as used by the Colt factory:

www.e-gunparts.com/product.asp?chrProductSKU=542100C
You might want to email and verify that these have the Colt medallions since Gun Parts sometimes substitutes.

www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/schematics/schemmfg.aspx?schemid=149&m=3&mn=Colt%c2%ae&model=Python+
Again, you might email to insure these have the Gold medallions.

An ever better choice for the Python are the wood or rubber grips made by Hogue.  These Mono-Grip models feel better than the Pachmayr grips.
www.getgrip.com/

You can buy the rubber Mono-Grip from Colt with molded-on Colt logos:
www.coltsmfg.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top