Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 8:45:06 AM EDT
Does anybody own or has owned an Intratec TEC-22?  Are these junk or what?  Do they constantly jam up like the rumors say?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:58:26 AM EDT
[#1]
In every rumor there is truth; in this case, a lot of truth.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:12:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I still own a Tec-22.

Mine does not jam....but it is not accurate.

The Tec-22 mag works, Ramline mags work.....but Butler Creek mags do not.

The are not that great. But for $140 they are fun.

Chris
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:25:36 PM EDT
[#3]
i had one and it sucked bad with any mag or ammo, the manual said to use trunicated cone ammo for best results but it was a jammomatic reguardless imho
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:43:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I had one of the early ones. Seems they had some sear problems.......mine would double and triple but not on command. I sent it back and it ran with out a flaw. It would run on Ram Line or Butler Creek mags and liked Stingers and Remington Yellowjackets. It was the only semi auto I have ever had that would run them. Sold it when I got tight on cash and wish I had it back.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:17:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I own a neutered "Sport 22", I got it with 3 mags at a local show for $150 and it's a fun little plinker

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:32:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I also have an early one and after a little work it runs better. When they first came, out someone wrote an article on how to improve them and that's what I used. It's a fun little noise maker.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:26:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Does anybody know what size threads are on the end of the barrel under the cap?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:25:22 PM EDT
[#8]
read a lot of threads on the tec-22 and i decided no to.

the threads are 1/2x20 or some oddball thread, remember rearding it but dont remember exactly. lots of problems and almost rare to have a good one.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:41:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I got one years ago runs like a sewing machine never jams, fun to play with.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:19:18 PM EDT
[#10]
$75 a couple years ago. Came with 2 Butler Creek 25 rnd mags, in a hard case.
The plastic/polymer/whatever it is is worn in the mag well, If I use the mag as a VFG and put forward pressure on it, the guns shoots fine. Its "Pre-Ban" and has the threaded muzzle.

For what I paid for it, and when I bought it (2001) its not too bad. I wouldn't buy one for more than that though.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top