Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2006 9:03:17 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:05:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Are they trying to beat Glock out of their Ka-Boom reputation by actually advertising it?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:12:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah especially since your Deagle is more likely to than your Glock.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:38:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Here's what happens when the marketing dept. doesn't visit gun forums.

I second that statement when you make Firearms in Colors like these.

Nathan
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:55:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

As shitty as Deagles are, I don't think the gas operated rotating bolt action is going to kaboom as frequently as a modified Browning action like the Glock has....
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:03:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Here's what happens when the marketing dept. doesn't visit gun forums.

I second that statement when you make Firearms in Colors like these.

www.magnumresearch.com/images/finish_DE_TGTS.jpg

Nathan

pimptastic!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:12:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Why don't they just modify their logo to one that looks like it was graffitied and stop beating around the bush. They're obviously trying to appeal to the same consumers as "Boost Mobile"... the ghetto trash thug crowd.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:38:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As shitty as Deagles are, I don't think the gas operated rotating bolt action is going to kaboom as frequently as a modified Browning action like the Glock has....

I've only seen 2 of them in person.  They were trying to scavenge enough parts from each to make a whole one that worked.  Both had attempted to contain a .50 ae Kaboom and couldn't do it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:56:19 AM EDT
[#8]
YOu can keep that mammoth piece of shit. It's probably the most ridiculous handgun ever made IMHO. Yeah, I was a sucker for it too.. when I was 14. But now that I'm older and know everything I can honetsly say that would be next to my last choice of handguns to own and/or use in a self defense/zombie situation.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:14:30 AM EDT
[#9]
I would still take one over a glock any day.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:27:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:30:21 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

crack is whack
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:45:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

crack is whack

Yes crack is bad for you, Which is why I dont wanna associate myself with a glock fotay or any other variant.  I dont want to look like a crack dealer, carrying a glock and all.

Former glock-toting crack dealer -

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:17:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

crack is whack

Yes crack is bad for you, Which is why I dont wanna associate myself with a glock fotay or any other variant.  I dont want to look like a crack dealer, carrying a glock and all.

Former glock-toting crack dealer -

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/18/Amputee.jpg/200px-Amputee.jpg

photochop!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:47:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

LOL, it's your funeral.

Seriously, the one thing glock has going for it is reliability. It ain't pretty, it may not feel good in your hand, and it has the personality of a rock, but they function with every pull of the trigger.

I have also personally seen hundreds, maybe thousands, of glocks in use with local and state departments throughout all of Ohio, Florida, and two foriegn countries, and have never had one person tell me to my face that they have seen, or personally know of a person who experienced a kaboom with a glock. Yet everyone in my immediate circle of friends has heard this rumer on the internet! Hmmm, maybe a case of glock bashing?

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:50:54 PM EDT
[#15]
No, this is what happens.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:27:01 PM EDT
[#16]
3 simple words... ghey bling bling.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:42:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:56:03 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
No, this is what happens.

That's what I was thinking when I clicked this thread... "Great, another Sig 55x thread."

But that ad is just classic!

ETA: I'm pretty sure the Desert Eagle ad campaign is directly targeting Airsofters, to step up to the plate and buy a real gun.  If they do, sweet... though, I just hope they don't break their pansy limp wrists after the first shot.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:57:31 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL, it's your funeral.

Seriously, the one thing glock has going for it is reliability. It ain't pretty, it may not feel good in your hand, and it has the personality of a rock, but they function with every pull of the trigger.

I have also personally seen hundreds, maybe thousands, of glocks in use with local and state departments throughout all of Ohio, Florida, and two foriegn countries, and have never had one person tell me to my face that they have seen, or personally know of a person who experienced a kaboom with a glock. Yet everyone in my immediate circle of friends has heard this rumer on the internet! Hmmm, maybe a case of glock bashing?

At least it wont be my hand amputation.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:56:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL, it's your funeral.

At least it wont be my hand amputation.

Nice , based on pure fact I am sure. So you have been a witness to a glock kaboom? Or have you read about it on the internet, because everything on the internet is true!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:13:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Why not get one of each?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:15:02 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Why not get one of each?
i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/Msokol13/IMG_0377.jpg

Where is the deagle?

Nice , based on pure fact I am sure.

Yep, sure is.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:02:56 PM EDT
[#23]
I wouldn't mind picking up a .357 DE one of these days...in black of course.

I have a friend who owns 4 DE's... 2 357's, 1 .44 and 1 .50

Hasn't had a problem with any of them.  Go figure.  I'm sure he wouldnt mind talking about the issues he's had with Glock though...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:06:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Wait, wait, are DE's kabooming now, when did this start happening? I actually wanted to get one for handgun hunting in MI, you can't have anything with a capacity of over 9 rounds (8+1) and I don't like revolvers. Is this like the oft spoke of, rarely seen glock KB, or are you just mocking their marketing literature? I'm confused.

ETA: I hate those damn finishes the do though, ghetto 'tastic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top