Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2002 6:07:00 PM EDT
What is everyone's opinion on the CZ-75B compared with other 9mm military handguns such as the Beretta, Glock, Browning, etc??  
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 2:11:54 AM EDT
[#1]
They're a nice gun. Closer to a Browning HP than a Glock I suppose. No plastic other than the grips. Nice, solid feel, attractive pricing.

If you want tech info, go to www.czforum.com.

Link Posted: 11/12/2002 4:01:47 AM EDT
[#2]
It is one of the best designs ever devised, and I'm a Glocker! It is double action and can be carried cocked and locked. My only gripe is that the area where slide serrations are is too small. I have big hands so that's why I prefer Glocks, 1911's and Sigs. I had a TZ75 (Witness) blow up in my hands. Case seperated because it unlocked prematurely due to the cam being out of spec, and the case wall had been thinned by accident due to a shotty reloading press. (Thanks dad!) This was a problem with EARLY Tanfaglios, and has been fixed long ago. If it was any other gun I'd hate to think what my hands and face would look like now. I'm ok and the gun is too. Blew the grip panels out at the front of the grip. No other damage to the gun.
It is basically what John Browning was trying to do with the HiPower at the time of his death.
I here there are a butt load about to hit the surplus market. I will be getting one or more.
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 6:53:07 AM EDT
[#3]
CZ-75: equal to any, superior to most.

Possible exception in the case of the SIG P210.
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 3:14:29 PM EDT
[#4]
The TZ-75 series '88 was great! .41 A&E and 9MM barrels included.
Sadly, the CZ-85 Combat was great too, but would not handle any hollowpoints.
It had the wood grips and adjustable sights.
Looking at the CZ close up with a magnifier revealed a lot of superficial machine marks, at least on mine.
The hollowpoint problem on a gun named "Combat" didn't make sense to me.
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 3:28:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I shot my CZ40 the other day for the first time.  It is an excellent gun.
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 8:01:34 PM EDT
[#6]
The CZ is not machined as clean as a Glock or HK, I noticed that as well on mine. But they are solid, reliable, and fun to shoot. The only additions people are doing is adding 16# recoil springs so there's less stress on the frame when shooting +P or +P+ rounds and Hogue or CZ rubber grips (the latter is better if you ask me.) That and perhaps real night sights, as the stock sights just use glow in the dark paint.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 7:49:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a CZ75BD PCR (Czech police model) no longer made.  If you can find one, there are still some at dealers.  Excellent pistol.

Did you look over HERE?
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 11:38:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks to everyone for their input.  

I bought a used CZ-85 pre-'B' model (1993) yesterday and I just got back from the range with it.

I've said this before about other guns, but I really mean it this time--this is the SWEETEST shooting 9mm I've ever used!  Comfortable, accurate, and a ball to shoot.  The ejection of the empty cases was flawless and consistent, and the slide locked back after the last shot every time despite my habit of resting my left thumb on top of the slide stop.

I just may make this baby my carry piece!  Frankly, I'm confused as to why these guns are retailing for around $400 while many of our LEO's are carrying $600 pieces of Tupperware that KB if you're "careless" enough to shoot lead through 'em!    
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 4:22:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone know where to get good hicaps?  I just bought a CZ75BD and would like more than one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top