Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2006 9:47:51 PM EDT
So I am picking up a CDNN P229 in 357 later on today, and I've got a P228 in 9mm as well.  Found what looks like a sweet deal on new style railed G17's, $365, and a similar G21, probably <$400, don't konw for sure yet.  I like the fact that they are virtually indestructable, and that mags are easy to get and cheap, and that anyone could shoot one fairly well in an emergency situation.  Thinking about getting both (in true arfcom fashion) for SHTF/backup guns.  Or should I keep saving for that Nitron GSR that I lust after?  

This is all bigbore's fault, if it wasn't for the G21 test post, I'd never be in this dilemna...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:49:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Definitly, expecially for those prices.....

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:56:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, buy the G17 and quit stealing my thread titles.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=4&t=26048
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:04:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yes, buy the G17 and quit stealing my thread titles.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=4&t=26048

I figured you were the "To GAP or not to GAP..." author.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:05:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Glock
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:59:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Glocks are great pistols. My G19 has been fantastic and a 17 and 20 will be added to the family some day also.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:01:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Of course you MUST Glock.....................
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:36:44 AM EDT
[#7]
i don't much like glocks.  they don't feel good in my hands.  personally i would attempt to save up for that perfect pistol that i lust after.  after all everybody (except me) has a glock.  but does everybody have a nitron finish sig?  you will be like the belle of the ball at the range.  everybody will want to know what you are holding.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:19:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Most Glocks do not fit my hands and shift while shooting. Luckly the G29 10mm works well for me so I use that for woods carry. All of the classic Sigs fit well so I go with them.. Too bad they don't make a Sig 10mm..
See how well the Glock fits and shoots for you.. Can't go wrong with a Sig..and the 229 is my favorite..
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:25:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Glock 21.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:43:32 AM EDT
[#10]
I'd take a railed 17 at that price for sure!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:35:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
you will be like the belle of the ball at the range.  everybody will want to know what you are holding.

Like it when the boys pay attention to you, do ya?

G
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:57:49 AM EDT
[#12]
You got to own at least one or more Glocks if you are into owning and shooting guns and got the budget.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:03:48 AM EDT
[#13]
I have 8 Glocks.  I will buy more.  FWIW.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:14:00 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
you will be like the belle of the ball at the range.  everybody will want to know what you are holding.

G

Its better than people keeping their distance when you are shooting a glock, to keep themselves from being hurt form the inevitable kaboom.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:04:04 AM EDT
[#15]
That's why I only shoot my Glocks at ranges with the ballistic side shields.  Don't want to get sued.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:22:40 AM EDT
[#16]
I just recently got into Glocks as well and I also blame Bigbore and his damn 21.  Those are some good prices for glocks.  I would say go for it... then buy the GSR.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:34:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Glock 19. Widely considered to be "the thinking mans Glock."
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:53:04 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Glock 19. Widely considered to be "the thinking mans Glock."

Yeah, lots of owners saying "WHAT was I thinking?!?"

Just kidding.  I personally like the G21 better, but nothing wromng with the 19.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:00:23 PM EDT
[#19]
glock
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:41:42 PM EDT
[#20]
LOL BIGBORE has probably sold more glocks than the Gunny
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:18:50 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Its better than people keeping their distance when you are shooting a glock, to keep themselves from being hurt form the inevitable kaboom.

I'll hang live grenades by the pins by from my belt if it'll get people to leave me alone while I'm shooting.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:59:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

G

Bah-doom-pah! Try the veal folks, he's here all week!

G
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:15:41 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
So I am picking up a CDNN P229 in 357 later on today, and I've got a P228 in 9mm as well.  Found what looks like a sweet deal on new style railed G17's, $365, and a similar G21, probably <$400, don't konw for sure yet.  I like the fact that they are virtually indestructable, and that mags are easy to get and cheap, and that anyone could shoot one fairly well in an emergency situation.  Thinking about getting both (in true arfcom fashion) for SHTF/backup guns.  Or should I keep saving for that Nitron GSR that I lust after?  

This is all bigbore's fault, if it wasn't for the G21 test post, I'd never be in this dilemna...

I think you ansered your own question.
Don' ruin what you really want just because of some whim that you are feeling a certain week or month. Don't. If there is one thing that I have learned it is to make a goal and stick with it. Especially with guns. Guns tend to take alot of money compared to our other purchases, and to get what we really want we need to save. By human nature saving is hard, but in the end the rewards are so beautiful that you will regret ever deviating from your original path. This topic isn't about whether GLOCKS are good guns or not, we all know they are solid guns. The topic is about: WHAT YOU WANT
Seriously, get what you are lusting after, in the end you will be much more happy with yourself.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:23:50 PM EDT
[#24]
A lot of people lust after what other people lust after though.  Otherwise they wouldn't know what to lust after.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:40:25 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

G

most of the time they only give a look when i break out the 30rd mag for my p95.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:44:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Gotta have at least one Glock.  You'll find it's easier to carry around than a Sig too.  As far as I'm concerned, I've gone C&L and don't much care for Safe Action or DA (although my shooting finger got possessed by the dark Glock spirit and shoot it the best)  You've been missing out, bro.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:46:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Well, after some more investigating, the $365 G17 is current'y not an option, the guy is out of them.  The $419 G21 in 'can't tell it from new' condition is a reality.  Problem is a G21 fits my hand about as well as a brick.  BUT...its a railed 45 that won't ever break in the conditions I'd have it in.  I'm looking at both of these as stow away for a rainy day type guns, I'm sure that I'll still give more lovin to my Sigs at the range and in the CCW holsters.  And I don't need a G19 because I have a P228, the all time perfect 9mm compact.  Actually, a G19 is the most appealing Glock out there to my taste.  I'm taking my new P229 .357 out tomorrw for a range report, after that I'll have a better idea as to what I want next.  As cheap as I got this P229 for, it may be another one exactly like it, who knows....
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:41:34 PM EDT
[#28]
After handling the G19 I'm very interested to try out a midsize glock in an interesting caliber.

I have enough 9mms

probably a .40
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:55:30 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Well, after some more investigating, the $365 G17 is current'y not an option, the guy is out of them.  The $419 G21 in 'can't tell it from new' condition is a reality.  Problem is a G21 fits my hand about as well as a brick.  BUT...its a railed 45 that won't ever break in the conditions I'd have it in.  I'm looking at both of these as stow away for a rainy day type guns, I'm sure that I'll still give more lovin to my Sigs at the range and in the CCW holsters.  And I don't need a G19 because I have a P228, the all time perfect 9mm compact.  Actually, a G19 is the most appealing Glock out there to my taste.  I'm taking my new P229 .357 out tomorrw for a range report, after that I'll have a better idea as to what I want next.  As cheap as I got this P229 for, it may be another one exactly like it, who knows....

Hey man!

My name is Drew too!

I also enjoy my only Sig so far, a P228.

I am the most accurate with it and it feels the most natural in my hand.

IF you don't have a single action auto yet you need a browning hi power or a clone.

Either that or a 1911 if you want to shoot .45. I'm not quite ready to graduate from 9mm But I really enjoy shooting single action autos.. It's a more precision experienceto fire them and if you haven't practiced with one I'd suggest renting one or finding a cheap Hi Power clone like I did.

One range session and I'm 100% sure I want a 1911 and a real deal FN Mk3 SA hipower.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:04:43 PM EDT
[#30]
I've got a Para 1911.  Had a great range-gasm the other day with a Kimber TLE/RL.  A Sig GSR is on my list.  Get a .45, you'll be fine  I love a good SA trigger, but of all the handguns I've handled, the Sig Classics fit my hand the best, and consequently I shoot them better.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:45:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Go out and shoot one. If you likey buy, if not don't buy. I predict you will buy..Heehee!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:47:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Well, after fondling some full size and midsize glocks, the full size ones just feel like teh suck in my hands.  The G23 however...hmmm...interesting.  And Glock factory barrels are only like a hundred bucks!?!  Who knew...(not me).  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top