Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2006 9:39:53 PM EDT
Not sure if this is old or new.....

But how is the FN 5.7 doing politically?  Is it being targeted for a ban?  If so, local (state) or is it federal?  The old gun fans BS (be it at a shop or just informal), someone said they'll be picking one up because it's being targeted for a ban.....  Any one know anything about this?

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:41:57 AM EDT
[#1]
5.7 has been the Brady campaign's pet project for a while.
It will eventually be banned in a few more liberal states where a lot of people believe Brady's bullshit.
Not sure if they are any bills to ban 5.7 at the state level right now. Nothing that I know of on the federal level.

<---From NJ (We don't believe in grandfathering things :()
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:09:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been wanting to buy a Five-SeveN since I have been reading all the Brady bunch Bullshit they have been spreading.

Nathan
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:00:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've been wanting to buy a Five-SeveN since I have been reading all the Brady bunch Bullshit they have been spreading.

Nathan

I'd like to do my part to PO the anti-gun also.......

It's funny, Brady will actually INCREASE sales for a bit IF it goes as far as to be on a ban (be it federal or state).  They'll be helping FN.....

(I found something that shoots flatter then the 5.7....and all it takes is a barrel swap for a CZ-52- though a wildcat....not an issue for those who reload/form their own brass)  Though, the 5.7 pistol WOULD be a nice chat topic at the range.......  Lets hope they never find out a CZ-52 w/ 7.62x25 can shoot through level 3......

Edit-

I'd like to know what kind of BS the Brady bunch has been saying.... any links/quotes that any one would like to provide to their retoric....
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:36:46 PM EDT
[#4]
The Brady videos have been up for quite a while now, but the ban fervor seems to have died down.  It's still used to convince the easily convinced into buying one.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:56:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nathan

I'd like to do my part to PO the anti-gun also.......

It's funny, Brady will actually INCREASE sales for a bit IF it goes as far as to be on a ban (be it federal or state).  They'll be helping FN.....

(I found something that shoots flatter then the 5.7....and all it takes is a barrel swap for a CZ-52- though a wildcat....not an issue for those who reload/form their own brass)  Though, the 5.7 pistol WOULD be a nice chat topic at the range.......  Lets hope they never find out a CZ-52 w/ 7.62x25 can shoot through level 3......

Edit-

I'd like to know what kind of BS the Brady bunch has been saying.... any links/quotes that any one would like to provide to their retoric....

Don't You love the irony of it all?

Nathan
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:43:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The Brady videos have been up for quite a while now, but the ban fervor seems to have died down.  It's still used to convince the easily convinced into buying one.

Downloading vid as we speak.... but from the Q and A section, it was nice.

I feel like sending an email like this to the Brady campaign.

Dear BRADY CAMPAIGN,

First of all, let me say, I have been impressed in the past with your group.  The information that it provides to the public is .... just utterly mind boggling!

And your information has once again out done its self!  An associate provided me with a link to your organization-specifically, the link to the FNH 5.7 Resource Center.  The Q and A section on the FN Five Seven pistol was remarkable!  It provided so much insite on this pistol!  The performance and round capacity of this pistol is unheard of!  To be able to penetrate Kevlar with such ease!  And all in a package that can be concealable as a Glock 22!   It has more power and round capacity then the pistols the police have!

I have been searching for a link that summarizes this pistol.  I’ve heard people talking about it, saying this and that about it- NEVER believing it, but coming from you, now I believe it!  The information you provided is so to the point, it's clear what this pistol can do.

Tomorrow morning, I will get up bright and early, go to the gun store and demand- that’s right, DEMAND, not ask- that they order one for me!  Maybe even two pistols!  And with the end of the AWB, I might just ask them to order 4 extra 20 round magazines and case of ammo (that’s 1000 rounds).

Again, I have to thank you for providing a summery of the FN Five Seven.  I’ve been thinking about getting one, but your site just made me decide to get one or two!

Sincerly,
2nd Amendment Supporter
& Legal GUN OWNER

PS-
This pistol would be a great companion to my CZ-52, which fires the 7.62x25 round.... which also penatrates Kevlar vests and has been around for oh.... 50+ years....

(No one get any ideas about coping this word for word...... incase they DO want to send something similar.....)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top