Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2006 8:43:54 PM EDT
I'm getting a Walther p22 in may and was wondering what kind of accessories I should get with it, I already know that I'm going to order a 5" barrel with it just so I can have the 3.4 and the target one  and I'm also going to pick up two spare mags for it, but what I'm most looking for is a good holster for it(preferably nothing over$25) and came across the blackhawk  Flat Belt, Ambidextrous which will fit most small to medium frame semi autos, but will it fit the Walther?. What other holsters will work well with the walther p22?  And what other most have accessories should I get for it? BTW I'm trying not spend over $500 on the whole setup and with everything that I have posted so far it's about $460.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:55:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Fobus makes the only holster specifically for the P22. While I wouldn't use the holster for CCW, it's great for the range. I have the Insight laser, which is lots of fun, and around $100. As far as mags, I bought several of the stainless ones with the finger rest. I am most likely going to get the fiber optic front sight also.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:04:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I say forget the other stuff--all you need is the Walther laser and a suppressor. And Mini-Mags.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:02:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I say forget the other stuff--all you need is the Walther laser and a suppressor. And Mini-Mags.

OK first of all, I'm looking for people with real opinions not "just get a full auto glock and be set for life" or "Just get a suppressor and laser sight and red dot". And second off, I have a strict $500 limit.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:01:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I would get a laser.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:12:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK first of all, I'm looking for people with real opinions not "just get a full auto glock and be set for life" or "Just get a suppressor and laser sight and red dot". And second off, I have a strict $500 limit.

geez man calm down.  I got a P22 just so I'd have a excuse to get a .22 can in the future, they rock on P22s.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:16:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Since you haven't taken the plunge yet. I would recommend you just get a Ruger instead. I have a P22 and I am thoroughly unimpressed with the accuracy of it.  Not to mention that parts are always coming loose and or falling off.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:26:04 AM EDT
[#7]
a Ruger MKll

This is from a owner of a P22!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:41:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I have the grey frame special edition with both barrels and I'm happy for now..

however if I had the option of going back I would have bought a ton of CCI mini mags instead of the flat tip Remmington vipers which don't feed at all..

Buy ONLY round tip 22lr for your P22 or youll have a 500rd brick and nothing to shoot it with like me...

no other problems to report so far here.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:05:49 AM EDT
[#9]
hmmm? best accessories, a Glock 23C
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:31:10 AM EDT
[#10]
My P-22 was a POS. I really wanted to like it too.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:28:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Laser, holster and some good gun grease.  The mags on this gun MUST be lubricated for the gun to feed right.  My P22 shot 100% until the first time I pulled the mags apart and cleaned all the lube off of them.  After that it would fail to feed about every 4th round.  Put some lube back on the followers, problem solved.  Sorry it's OT, but good to know for such a great little gun.  Also, make sure you get an AF or AG date coded gun and the A-series mags.  The older guns apparently were not very reliable (which I'm sure some will say is the understatement of the century.)  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:56:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I have the grey frame special edition with both barrels and I'm happy for now..

however if I had the option of going back I would have bought a ton of CCI mini mags instead of the flat tip Remmington vipers which don't feed at all..

Buy ONLY round tip 22lr for your P22 or youll have a 500rd brick and nothing to shoot it with like me...

no other problems to report so far here.

Strangely enough, you put a can on it, and it'll eat anything.  Apparently a suppressor causes some increased back-pressure that greatly increases reliability.  Has something to do with keeping cheap bulk ammo subsonic and quiet.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:44:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Where can I go to get a good can? Maybe from somewhere that will make the process as easy as possible. I got to play with a silenced P22 at the last Or. Shoot and it is a must have accessory.  Sorry for the hijack,

I have one that is 100% so far.  It has about 500rds down the tube.  I have a black nylon holster from e-bay of all places. It fits well and only about $10.00. Just type in P22 and holster, should bring in up.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:21:51 AM EDT
[#14]
No experience here with a can.

However my Walther P22 has been 100% right out of the box.  I have tried every type of ammo I could get my hands on, and it's never had a single failure.  Probably have abought 2,000 rounds through it?

My only gripe is that it's not the most accurate pistol.  It's decent considering it's size, but it's nothing to brag about.

The best accessory I would recommend is more mags!  Ten rounds goes pretty quick.

If I buy anything else for it, it will probably be the laser.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:42:36 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Where can I go to get a good can? Maybe from somewhere that will make the process as easy as possible. I got to play with a silenced P22 at the last Or. Shoot and it is a must have accessory.  Sorry for the hijack,

I have one that is 100% so far.  It has about 500rds down the tube.  I have a black nylon holster from e-bay of all places. It fits well and only about $10.00. Just type in P22 and holster, should bring in up.

to get the ball rolling you should just go and talk to your local Class III dealer.  You're gonna have to work with him to do the transfer anyways, may as well have him help you with the paperwork as well.  As for the can, I would suggest a TAC-65 from Tactical Inovations, they're not the greatest can in the world, but if you're on a budget, it's the can to get.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:39:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

to get the ball rolling you should just go and talk to your local Class III dealer.  You're gonna have to work with him to do the transfer anyways, may as well have him help you with the paperwork as well.  As for the can, I would suggest a TAC-65 from Tactical Inovations, they're not the greatest can in the world, but if you're on a budget, it's the can to get.

You can say that again.  

If you're on a budget you shouldn't be spending the $200 NFA fee, the dealer fees, and the cost of the suppressor.  If you can afford to buy a suppressor in the first place you can afford to spend the extra $100 and get a Gemtech or another quality silencer.  If you can't afford it then keep saving.  No sense in spending all that money, going through all the trouble, only to buy crap.

Check silencertests.com for the db difference b/w the Tac and Gemtech.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top