Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2006 5:52:43 PM EDT
I've tried the IWB holster and felt it was a little uncomfortable. Any suggestions for a outside-the-wasteband holster???

I was looking at the Galco fletch holster. Is this pretty good for CCW??

Would like to stick to leather and something under $100 that I can get immediately without waiting.
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:01:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Kramer belt scabbard.  I've got several and I love them.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:02:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you mind if I ask what brand of IWB holster you had?

I use a Brommeland for a full size SA 1911 and I have no problems on comfort.   Besides IWB is the best conceal carry way imo.  Milt Sparks is another great manufacturer of IWB.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:09:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:51:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a Kramer IWB#3 for a Glock 30. Maybe it was because the glock 30 is so wide but it didnt feel very comfortbale IWB. I bet it would be different though for a Colt 41/4 1911 single stack.

Quoted:

I use a Brommeland for a full size SA 1911 and I have no problems on comfort.   Besides IWB is the best conceal carry way imo.  Milt Sparks is another great manufacturer of IWB.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a Kramer IWB#3 for a Glock 30. Maybe it was because the glock 30 is so wide but it didnt feel very comfortbale IWB. I bet it would be different though for a Colt 41/4 1911 single stack.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:00:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Kramer pancake; it takes a couple days to break in, but it's spectacular.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:14:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

This why I chose the 36 over the 30.  A 1911 is even thinner.  I have a Colt Commander and a CCO the 4.25 inch slide is just right for CCW in my opinion and they are way more comfortable to carry.  

You should try a Milt Sparks VM II or Watch 6.  I like the Watch 6, it is very thin and stable. Doesn't shift around and poke where it shouldn't.  If the Milt Sparks doesn't work, you will have no problems selling it due to the wait time.

But for a OWB, I use a Galco Concealable with good luck. It rides high enough and with the Commander slide you can hide it under a shirt or coat and not have it peeking out the bottom.  It is wide enough and conforms to your hip so it doesn't shift.   The only downside to the Concealable and most Galco's, they have one size belt slot, 1.5 I think.  So for me, most of my belts are 1.5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top