Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2002 9:46:30 PM EDT
What kind of grips do you prefer? Stock or after market. Wood, Ivory or plastic? Hogue, Pachmayr. If you got picture please post them. I am really interested in 1911 grips.
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 3:14:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I am big on Wood. I like Spegel, Ahrends, and Hakan grips. Who is Hakan? Hakan Pek is a friend of mine who lives in Norway and makes grips. His specialty is CZ grips and his grips exude class. I would post a picture but I don't know how and Help didn't. Regards, Richard

Hakan's web site is: http://www.hakan-grips.com/
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 8:17:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm also a big wood fan. I prefer the after market in most cases, Spegel, Sile, Hogue and particularly Nills.

I really like the Nils grips because they Dimple the rough areas instead of checkering. While this is far more labor intensive than checking and so drives the costs up, there are no sharp edges to abraid your hand like some checking does.

Here is my SiG 230 wearing Nills grips.

High Res full size pic for more detail

On their smooth grips they do a mat finish that is easier to grip than the shiny finish most makers use. Here is a S&W M-27 wearing the Nills smooth combat grips. I was shocked when I first tried these. I've used combat grips from the manufacturer, Sile, Spegel, Ahrends and Hogue, but none felt this good or were as comfortable.

The fit on these grips is phenominal. They are held together three ways. There are the pins on the frame that position the grips, a separate dowel at the base of the grip that helps position the halves and then the centerpoint screw. The ledge inside that mates to the frame is so tight that you have to tap it on or off with a plastic or rubber hammer. There is NO play, even without the center screw installed.

You can find out more about Nills grips Here.
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 2:14:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I am a big fan of the Hogue rubber grips on 1911's as well as most other pistols. They aren't as pretty as some of the wood grips, but damn do they feel good!
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 2:48:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Did I mention that I prefer Hogue?
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 3:45:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought a set of Pacmayr rubber and rosewood grips for my new Kimber Stainless II it should like nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top