Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2006 11:55:30 AM EDT
Any holster suggestions?

Not having much luck locating a holster for it.  

Anything realy - maybe even a vertical shoulder rig if there is such an animal for the USP Tac.

Will be used at the range and....well that's about it - it's just a range gun for me currently so I wont need anything for concealed carry, I have a feeling that rig would tough on the small of the back.

thanks
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:08:19 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you mean by "range?"

This is a CA thing I'm betting, but most ranges around here do not allow holsters.

If you mean out at a sand pit or rock quarry I'd suggest a Safariland 6004 or a blackhawk cqc setup. Both are fast secure, and if you ding them up it won't make them look bad since they start out kinda ugly anyway.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:51:33 PM EDT
[#2]
No real range allows the use of holsters around here. CCFA.com (sp?) probably has a real holster if you want a CCW-type one.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:18:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
No real range allows the use of holsters around here.

I must admit, I have never heard of such a thing.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:07:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

it's a new one to me too.  Private membership outdoor range with Rifle and pistol shooting areas - cant imagine not being able to carry a sidearm in a holster.  

Either way thanks for the info guys I'll check those out..
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:09:27 PM EDT
[#5]
my bad

double tap
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:04:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Galco makes one for the USP fullsize.  I had to block mine for 3 days to get the fit right because of the taller front sight.  Fits like a glove now.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:39:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Galco makes one for the USP fullsize.  I had to block mine for 3 days to get the fit right because of the taller front sight.  Fits like a glove now.

thank you sir
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:20:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

it's a new one to me too.  Private membership outdoor range with Rifle and pistol shooting areas - cant imagine not being able to carry a sidearm in a holster.  

I've never set foot on a "private range" so I can't comment on those. Maybe after I win a lottery someday......................???????????
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:32:37 PM EDT
[#9]
finding a holster to fit an HK .45 Tactical is usually limited to kydex models...Safariland and Bladetech are the most popular...if shopping for leather, double check that bottom of holster is open for threaded barrel and adequate room is available for 'boat rudder' sights
[i love my Tactical and forgive it's shortfall in holster options]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:41:29 PM EDT
[#10]
If your not going to put a can on it, replace the sights with low profile sights.  You can then use any USPf holster.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:45:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have never as well. What is the point?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:17:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 to that.  I've gone to public (state run), private (gun club), and public (pay/session), and I've not had any probs with wearing my holsters.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:29:29 PM EDT
[#13]
most indoor ranges will not let you draw from a holster, unless law enforcement or take a class.  outdoor ranges are usually a free for all.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:49:07 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
+1 to that.  I've gone to public (state run), private (gun club), and public (pay/session), and I've not had any probs with wearing my holsters.

No range I've ever been to that uses RSO officers will allow the use of holsters. YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:04:43 AM EDT
[#15]
the RSO of my backyard doesn't seem to mind
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:51:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I dont even understand the issue with a holster at a range? Am i missing something?  Cant carry a CCW into a gun range  No pistol matches?  

Oh well - still looking for a holster.  These sights are a bugger on the Tac USP .45
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:16:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I dont even understand the issue with a holster at a range? Am i missing something?  Cant carry a CCW into a gun range  No pistol matches?  

Oh well - still looking for a holster.  These sights are a bugger on the Tac USP .45

Where the hell else would you practice drawing and shooting? Well, a few morons here may try it in their basement, but most of us keep the shooting at the range.

Sorry, still no help on the holster.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:27:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where the hell else would you practice drawing and shooting? Well, a few morons here may try it in their basement, but most of us keep the shooting at the range.

I don't, I keep the shooting at the range.

I will give up all my guns and stop shooting forever if the only place I had to shoot was a range.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:46:26 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't, I keep the shooting at the range.

I will give up all my guns and stop shooting forever if the only place I had to shoot was a range.

now that I will agree with
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:18:32 AM EDT
[#20]
At most ranges here, you are not allowed to open carry with a holster unless LEO, MIL, etc. This goes for all ranges except for the "Action Pistol Range".

Concealed carry is permitted as long as it is...well...concealed.

To access the Action Pistol Range you are required to attend an 8 hour IPSC class and successfully compete in a single match without DQ'ing. The reasons why...insurance. Insident where a guy pulled the trigger as he was pulling from the holster. Bullet passed into his thigh, out above the knee, into the calf and out the foot. As a result, anyone wanting to be involved in any sport (or range) the involves drawing from a holster must complete a safety course. Free to members.

That said, you can shoot, but not compete or draw from a holster in the Action Pistol Range if you are supervised by an IPSC certiftied member.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top