Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 7:42:09 AM EDT
I have a chance to pick up a Ruger Redhawk OR a  Super Redhawk used for $475.  Both are 7 1/2" barrels, and both are stainless with 2x Simmons scopes on them.  Both are 99% on their finish.  

I think the price is pretty good on them, and my purpose will be deer hunting.  Right now, I am leaning toward the Redhawk due to it being lighter for field carry.

Which would you choose and why?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:31:04 AM EDT
[#1]
This post will be no help.

I also have a chance to pick up a Ruger 44 (SRH) for a good price.  I've very tempted as it's a beautiful gun and I really WANT a 44 mag.  Only I have no reason to get one.  I don't hunt.  And if I did, it would be w/ a rifle.  Pistol hunting is for crazy people.  No offense.  But I still am really tempted by the Ruger.

Good luck w/ your choice.  I've heard great things about both.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:04:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got a redhawk and have fired a bunch of rounds from a super redhawk.

Personally I prefer the normal redhawk for no other reason than I think that the super redhawk looks rediculous! Both are great guns so you really can't go wrong either way.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:57:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I have used both a great deal. Both Revolvers are exceptionally strong, either will easily run a 320 cast over 1400 fps in a 7.5" gun and both handle heavy recoil well. After years of use I have come to prefer the SRH by a wide margin.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:17:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had the Redhawk and did carry it for deer because I never wanted to give up my grouse hunting and the seasons overlap...Although the 71/2 is a great choice, I went to the shorter 51/2 and actually enjoyed that more.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:05:51 AM EDT
[#5]
buy the one you can hold out in front of you for more than a minute.  i was thinking about a sbh a litthe while ago and went with a bh in smaller caliber partly due to the fact that the sbh was too heavy to hold out in front in order to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:22:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I think I am going with the standard Redhawk.  There is nothing I can do with the bigger one that the smaller one won't. And it's lighter...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top