Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 11:50:57 AM EDT
Hey all I just got my first glock (19). I need a holster for it. I dont want a IWB type, I'd like it to be on the outside. One preferabbly that can go with and without a belt (I dont know if this is possibel), if not then one without a belt needed would be prefered. I'm looking at a uncle mikes are these any good. I dont CCW so that is not really an issue. My budget is about $30 give or take a little. What do you all recommend? Picks, prices. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:54:25 AM EDT
[#1]
For your budget and intended use, an Uncle Mike's Kydex paddle holster would probably be the best choice. Just remember that a paddle typw holster is going to be much harder to conceal than a IWB.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:37:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Why not an IWB? Look up the CTAC by Comp Tac.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:45:14 PM EDT
[#3]
comp-tac
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:13:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:14:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Get the  Glock factory holster for it.  It costs $16.00.  I use it everyday and love it.  It is only OWB though.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:21:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:24:20 PM EDT
[#7]
First off I'd advise you to wear a belt if you're going to use a holster.  Buy a good quality belt, nothing cheap.  You'll wish you had the first time your GLOCK hits the pavement in a parking lot.  

As far as holster go, I wear a Kramer belt scabbard and they're very comfortable.  Spend the money for a good quality holster if you can.  A good one will be more comfortable and last a lot longer than a cheap one.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:58:34 PM EDT
[#8]
If you are not going to CCW and not going to ever use it for any other reason, then Fobus is OK.

G
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:53:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
comp-tac

+1

IWB or OWB
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:54:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Get the  Glock factory holster for it.  It costs $16.00.  I use it everyday and love it.  It is only OWB though.  

not just no but HELL NO
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:35:54 AM EDT
[#11]
What are you going to do with your G19? For range/IDPA/so on use, a kydex holster is great. Nothing wrong with a Fobus. At a combative pistol course I took, a Blackwater instructor was there, and he used a Fobus for his G19. He got some crap about it, and he said he loves 'em. He had about four of them in his truck.
If you want some thing just simply to hold your pistol while you walk out to a range, and you don't care about being able to draw fast or anything, a cheap crappy nylon holster would be fine. Just don't carry with it cocked and locked. Those holsters are dangerous with Glocks in my non-professional opinion.
I don't know about a holster that doesn't require a belt for a G19. There might be an ankle holster out there, but that's a lot to hump on your ankle. There might be a coat pocket holster, but that only works if  you have a coat on(obviously). Even the paddle holsters cause problems without a belt. I've seen some funny from a guy that was drawing from a paddle holster with no belt.

Your needs should dictate your equipment to a large degree.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:43:29 AM EDT
[#12]
For a budget, I would recommend an Uncle Mikes OWB or IWB holster.  Cheap ($20) but sturdier feeling than the Fobus.

Without a good belt, you can casually walk around with it clamped to clothing only, but the first time you're dashing across the traffic lane in front of the grocery store, it's going to fall out onto the ground in front of everyone.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:52:19 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Hey all I just got my first glock (19). I need a holster for it. I dont want a IWB type, I'd like it to be on the outside. One preferabbly that can go with and without a belt (I dont know if this is possibel), if not then one without a belt needed would be prefered. I'm looking at a uncle mikes are these any good. I dont CCW so that is not really an issue. My budget is about $30 give or take a little. What do you all recommend? Picks, prices. Thanks.

Cheap holsters are like cheap women, they get the job done, aren't very pretty and most of all a pain in the ass.

A good holster is like a good women, they do a fantastic job, look good, dependable, and wont  fall apart in a sticky situation
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top