Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/6/2002 3:25:12 AM EDT

I made the mistake of taking my Bauer apart, now I can't get the trigger connecter spring back in.

Help!

Panzer Out
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 7:15:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Oops, I guess it's too late for this step..."Before removing the safety lever, take note of the position of the combination sear and trigger bar spring inside the frame, as it will be released when the safety is removed."
I'm not into puzzles, but I do tinker alot and invested in all those assembly/disassembly books.
Maybe a trip to the library or a gunshop with one of those books would help.
It's easier to do than explain.
Maybe someone else here can put it into words.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 6:22:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Can you at least tell me this much: does the pin on the end of the safety lever that goes into the frame pass through one of the holes in the spring?

Panzer out
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 5:34:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Without my books here at work to reference, maybe a magnifying glass (look for wear there) may offer up a clue as to where it was located?
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 7:37:49 AM EDT
[#4]
By now you may have your answer, but anyway...

The Bauer is an exact copy of the "Baby" Browning except that it is made from stainless steel.  Therefor any reference that covers the Browning will also work for the Bauer.

It appears to me that the sear spring goes between the connector (which is the long bar attached to the trigger on one end)and the sear.  One end of the spring butts against the pin on the far end of the connector and the other against the pin in front of the sear.  Anyway that's the way it looks in my drawing.  It appears that the respective pins might be grooved or have flats on them to hold the spring.  I don't see that any pins go through the loops in the spring.
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 8:18:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Thanks for replying to my post, Gunhawk. After struggling with this one little spring for about a week, I finally figured out how it goes in and have reassembled my pistol.

An exploded drawing of both the Baby Browning and the Bauer .25 Automatic were easy to find through a search on Google. The problem with both drawings is the culprit spring is turned around facing the opposite direction it is actually supposed to be facing. The spring itself is shaped like a diaper safety pin sans the head. The loop in the middle of the spring acts as an anchor that holds the safety in the frame. The short end of the spring provides tension to the trigger connector, and the long end provides tension to the sear/disconnector.

Thank you Anothergene and Gunhawk for taking the time to reply to my post. I am not a gunsmith, so it was quite a fascinating little journey dissassembling my tiny pistol and putting it together again. AR rifles are not nearly as hard to figure out!

Panzer Out

Link Posted: 11/10/2002 8:35:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Finally off work...sorry.
After the fact, it looks like the sear pin goes through that springs rear hole, from left to right. That sear pivot pin looks like a rivet...but anyway, does it work now?
As a side note, a friend also had one that he completely stripped down, ground off any excess metal, then brought the whole gun up to the highest mirror polish I have ever seen. It almost looked like a lighter, but it was really very well done and a sight to behold!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top