Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2006 8:17:44 PM EDT
I'm looking to buy a new pistol. I'm looking at either the Sig P226 or the HK USP Compact. The caliber is going to be in .40, which ever one I pick. Thanks for the help.

Please specify which one, and why you would pick it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:50:23 PM EDT
[#1]
What for? CCW? range? HD? etc...

the HK USPc would be better for CCW, but the SIG is a great shooter ( i like thier triggers better)
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:50:36 PM EDT
[#2]
p226.  i feel it is more comfortable than the any of the usp series.  also it has better balance.  the usp feels front heavy to me.  now for some this is good when considering recoil/muzzle flip but it was less than enjoyable for me to shoot.  maybe i would have gotten used to it after a few more mags but i just like the sig better.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:56:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Sig is a better gun IMO, buy nothing wrong with either
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:21:27 PM EDT
[#4]
This would be mainly used for home defense and range. I would like to have a smaller frame pistol as a CCW. For that i'm looking at a Kahr 40, or something of that sort.

Also, I heard that Sig only has a three year warranty, that kinda sounds like bs to me. It seems that they would have a lifetime warranty on their firearms. I know that certified pre-owned is only a year, but i haven't been able to find anything specific on the new Sigs.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:26:12 PM EDT
[#5]
USP.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:16:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like most would suggest the 226. I'll make the final decision when I go to the store in a couple of dats and fondle both one last time. Thanks for the input!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:47:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I Like the sig 226 myself, It has a good feel to it
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:11:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
This would be mainly used for home defense and range. I would like to have a smaller frame pistol as a CCW. For that i'm looking at a Kahr 40, or something of that sort.

Also, I heard that Sig only has a three year warranty, that kinda sounds like bs to me. It seems that they would have a lifetime warranty on their firearms. I know that certified pre-owned is only a year, but i haven't been able to find anything specific on the new Sigs.

warranties don't mean jack on guns.  basically if you ever have a problem you call them and they will fix lots of stuff for free.  what they won't fix are finish issues and other stuff due solely to wear.  if you have something break that wouldn't/shouldn't break/wear out then they will still take care of it.  for example if your trigger breaks in half then they will probably fix that for free.  but if you put thousands of rounds down the tube and don't take care of cleaning it and the barrel or chamber gets pitted then that is money out of your pocket to fix.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:10:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
GLOCK is a better gun IMO, buy nothing wrong with either

That's better .....
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:55:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Well I love both, with a slight edge to the HK, but for home defense and the range I think the 226 would be a better choice. As a rule, fullsize guns will shoot better and be more comfortable than compacts.  Both are equal in terms of reliability and durability.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:06:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Big difference in size with those two guns. Decide what you want to do with it, then decide which one you want.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:27:51 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's better .....

Yeah for blowing your hand off!!!

Get the SIG...not better gun made.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:29:19 AM EDT
[#13]
+1 get the Sig. No possibility of you being disappointed.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:20:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:45:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Sig, HK's trigger sucks.

Please don't generalize like that esp. to a new shopper.  My buddy has a Sig 220 and I have a 45 USP Tac and my trigger is 100 times nicer then his.(Well maybe a 100 times is an a little much)  Maybe of those 2 choices the SIG trigger is better I have no idea as Ive never shot either of those models but the way you phrased it you make ALL Sig triggers are superior to HK triggers and that is just not true.  The USP is more customisable 10 trigger variants (that may just be the full sized not sure).
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:08:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'm looking to buy a new pistol. I'm looking at either the Sig P226 or the HK USP Compact. The caliber is going to be in .40, which ever one I pick. Thanks for the help.

Please specify which one, and why you would pick it.

Your're new here so I'll save you some time.

1 Get BOTH!

2 If you can't get both ,buy the most expensive one.

3 If they both cost about the same , buy the Uber Tactical one.

4 Buy a Colt and prove you're a Man.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:21:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's better .....hr

Yeah for blowing your hand off!!!he

I don't like the way Glocks feel, or how they shoot. So there is no way I'll ever buy one.

Quoted:
Your're new here so I'll save you some time.

1 Get BOTH!

2 If you can't get both ,buy the most expensive one.

3 If they both cost about the same , buy the Uber Tactical one.

4 Buy a Colt and prove you're a Man.

I can't afford both right now. Eventaully I might get both. And I don't see the point in getting a Colt. For most weapons that Colt sells I can get the same thing for a hella lot cheaper.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:27:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:28:01 PM EDT
[#19]
The USP can be carried Condition 1.  'Nuff said.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:50:48 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sig, HK's trigger sucks.

Please don't generalize like that esp. to a new shopper.  My buddy has a Sig 220 and I have a 45 USP Tac and my trigger is 100 times nicer then his.(Well maybe a 100 times is an a little much)  Maybe of those 2 choices the SIG trigger is better I have no idea as Ive never shot either of those models but the way you phrased it you make ALL Sig triggers are superior to HK triggers and that is just not true.  The USP is more customisable 10 trigger variants (that may just be the full sized not sure).

What Part of HK's trigger sucks didn't you understand? EVERY HK handgun that I've ever shot had a trigger that SUCKED. It's the norm for HK not the exception.

You're wrong but you'll never know it.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:13:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:06:57 AM EDT
[#22]
I'd go for the Sig vs the compact. If you bring the fullsize H&K into it, I'm not too sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top