Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2006 6:52:10 PM EDT
I started working part time a local gunshop, And always have been a 1911/Sig kinda guy. All day Im surrounded by highend 1911's and such, And what follows me home as my first store purchase?

A damn Glock,.. LEO only deal NIB 19 w/ 3 highcaps for $400

Ill say 10 John Moses Browning's and go to bed. Hopefully I'll be cured by morning.........Udog
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:55:12 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I started working part time a local gunshop, And always have been a 1911/Sig kinda guy. All day Im surrounded by highend 1911's and such, And what follows me home as my first store purchase?

A damn Glock,.. LEO only deal 19 w/ 3 highcaps for $400

Ill say 10 John Moses Browning's and go to bed. Hopefully I'll be cured by morning.........Udog

Welcome. Good deal on the G19.

P.S.

When you start selling the Sigs and 1911s to buy more, don't tell anyone here. Some of the other guys might stroke out.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Not going to happen, Ive justified by telling myself its a good little Truck/Nightstand/Chick pistol
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:17:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Not going to happen, Ive justified by telling myself its a good little Truck/Nightstand/Chick pistol

I'm just joking around with you. Actually, I don't buy a bunch of GLOCKs either. I still have and carry the first G19 I bought. I had no intention of it replacing my Sig 226 or Beretta 92F when I bought it, I just thought it would be easier to conceal during the summer, and I got it cheap. The more I carried it and shot it, the more sense it made. After a while I started wondering, "Why do I have these big heavy guns, that offer no more capacity or shootability than the GLOCK???" I eventually sold both of them to fund rifle projects and have never missed them.

I tried to fall in love with a Belgian Hi-Power a few years ago. By the time I had the Robar two tone finish, Cylinder and Slide parts, and custom work done, I had $1600 in it. I carried it for a few months in a Sparks holster, but it was much bigger, much heavier, pointy, and held less ammo than the comfy GLOCK. It was a beautiful gun, and I enjoyed shooting it, but I still didn't shoot it as well as the GLOCK.

I gave the Hi-Power to my Dad for his 60th birthday, and although he treasures it, still carries his 40 year old S&W M37 Airweight.

That's what it's all about. Buy different stuff, shoot it, keep what you like, and stick with what works for you.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:06:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I've given thought to a 17 or 19 for the sake of diversity. It could easily be a gun that I pay $350 for and make a decent camping or foul-weather gun. I've shot them, and tested one out recently. I wouldn't mind having one, but there's no way it could replace the feel of a good 1911.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:38:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I've given thought to a 17 or 19 for the sake of diversity. It could easily be a gun that I pay $350 for and make a decent camping or foul-weather gun. I've shot them, and tested one out recently. I wouldn't mind having one, but there's no way it could replace the feel of a good 1911.

+1

thats why i got the G17--great gun that works, but cant replace a 1911

nice job on the deal!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top