Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2006 2:41:27 PM EDT
I've recently been thinking of selling or trading in my USP40c for a SIG P220R Crimson Trace.

I would say it is 90-95% condition. The only signs of wear are on the barrel, locking block, and sights (holster wear). I think I've put about 400 rounds (mostly Win. White Box and UMC, some PMC) through her, without a single malfunction other than the slide failing to hold open 2-3 times, which was most likely an ammo issue.

The store I brought it in to today offered $400+/-. I've never sold one of my guns before, but that doesnt seem too great of a price, considering the retail value and excellent condition of the pistol. (whatever I end up doing, I wont be selling at this particular store; the dumbass who checked out the pistol rode the slide forward, twice, then proceeded to try and force the hammer down with his hand...AFTER I told him to decock by depressing the control lever )

So, what are some thoughts? What is a good price to expect? Should I even bother selling, or just buy the SIG and have two pistols?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:48:34 PM EDT
[#1]
New ones are going for about $600 w/ 2 10rd mags.

Assuming the same package, I'd try for $500 and see what you get. I'd probably end up taking $450.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:02:27 PM EDT
[#2]
appreciate the input
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:14:09 PM EDT
[#3]
In the condition you describe, it's worth ~$400 to any dealer. Remember, they have to make money, and taking your gun for $500 and then selling it for $550 is NOT making money to them. They're not going to get it sold for any more than $550 unless they find a drooling retard with an absolute need for your gun.

You're much better off putting it in the paper or the EE.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:08:44 PM EDT
[#4]
There are only 2 reasons to EVER sell a gun.  Reason #1 You don't like it or its a POS  Reason #2 You killed someone with it illegally and ya need to get rid of evidence.  Save your money and buy the 220R and then you'll have 2 pistols.  You can always use 2 pistols especially when your drunk and seeing double.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:21:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
There are only 2 reasons to EVER sell a gun.  Reason #1 You don't like it or its a POS  Reason #2 You killed someone with it illegally and ya need to get rid of evidence.  Save your money and buy the 220R and then you'll have 2 pistols.  You can always use 2 pistols especially when your drunk and seeing double.

I hope most of that was sarcasm...but in any case neither rule applys to me

I had considered the EE, but I'm still not 100% on how it works; here's what I gathered

1.)post an ad in the correct forum
2.) someone is interested, lets me know, gives address/info of FFL
3.) I contact and ship pistol to FFL
4.) FFL holds pistol until payment recieved, and takes a % for their services in the transfer

This how it goes, or am I missing something?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:24:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I think it would work more like:
1)place add in forum
2) someone see add and makes deal
3) they send you money order and ink signed copy of ffl
4) you send gun to ffl
5) you're done
6) they pick up gun from ffl after 4510,brady ck, and pay any transfer $$
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top