Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2006 9:46:36 AM EDT
Last Monday I ordered a Dan Wesson Commander Classic Bobtail from Bud's Gun Shop because they had the best price I could find online.

Well, I decided to pay with a credit card and eat the 3% charge in hopes of receiving my pistol a bit sooner (Ha).  My dealer faxed his FFL to them and they had everything they needed by Tuesday 1-10.

Here it is, the 17th, and they still haven't shipped.  I have checked with them twice, once this morning, and they said it would be shipping "anytime now".

I figured I would have the pistol by the end of last week or today.  I never guessed it would take them a week just to ship the thing.  Is it asking too much to expect a company to ship a firearm within a couple days of having received payment and FFL?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:50:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Did they have it in store?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:50:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Did they have it in store?

Yes.

The email they sent me said that the delay is because of they do such a high volume of transactions.

Seems to me, if you are having to delay your shipments over a week because of a high volume, then you need to figure out a better way of handling orders.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:07:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd be pissed with that too, but as far along as you are, I'd give it a little longer. Not much more though. Let them know that if something doesn't happen soon, you'll contact the credit company.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:14:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I am in the same boat you are. I orderd an upper 7weeks ago that has not shipped. They told me 4 weeks at most. So, how long do I wait? Its a problem that has been nagging me for weeks.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:23:05 PM EDT
[#5]
You can call visa and get a full refund if it is not shipped within 7 days.

Screw them, that is ridiculous; If it was an auction I would leave them negative feedback too.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:04:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:37:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, I didn't get a tracking number today so they still haven't shipped.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:49:06 PM EDT
[#8]
No offense to you guys, but this is a prime example of why I try my best to buy local, either the shops or gun shows.

I hold the gun I'm buying, look for any blemishes & can test the trigger. This is worth far more than the few $$$ I save buying on-line 99% of the time, IMO.

I have bought two guns sight unseen: H&K USP .45acp Fullsize & S&W 52. The USP was bought from a shop Big Bore recommended, BTW.

My .o2
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:56:57 PM EDT
[#9]
It seems like everytime I buy something from Gunbroker it takes an eternity to get my
product regardless of the seller.  I agree, I would rather purchase locally so I can see
what I'm getting and know when I will get it.  

I have , however, gotten good results buying from you guys on the
equipment exchange.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:12:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
No offense to you guys, but this is a prime example of why I try my best to buy local, either the shops or gun shows.

I hold the gun I'm buying, look for any blemishes & can test the trigger. This is worth far more than the few $$$ I save buying on-line 99% of the time, IMO.

I have bought two guns sight unseen: H&K USP .45acp Fullsize & S&W 52. The USP was bought from a shop Big Bore recommended, BTW.

My .o2

Saving $350 off of retail made it worth it.

I know two things about this pistol: 1:  Local shops won't have it.  2:  Even if they did, they would charge full retail.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:28:47 PM EDT
[#11]
you are neither wrong or impatient

bud's (or any dealer) should have shipped the firearm on the same day of getting FFL and $$$s  imo--they are wrong for not informing or delaying shippment

call em?  i'd still give em a few more days (maybe til the end of this week), but i would not shop or recommend em after making you wait 2 weeks for an instock product and quick payment
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:15:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Apparently not. You saved money, but here you are with no pistol and unhappy about it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:56:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Personaly I think they have it in another warehouse or what they do is see if Dan Wesson has it and say they have it in stock. The theory is called "Just in time" when actualy for the customer it is "Just to late" . It is not uncommon for an internet place even if they have a store to say they have it in stock but they do not they just think their vendor has it in stock so they can get it. If I can order 5 or 10 different items and get them within a week from CDDN why cant they do the same. I used to work in shipping and recieving and those guys told you a line of bull to try to keep you happy. You would not believe the ammount of stuff we shipped in a day and a lot of it was large. If they do not have the man power to ship what gets ordered they need to hire some more people. Personaly though I do not think they had it on hand and especialy the upper reciever that someone ordered "7 WEEKS" is absurd unless they told you before you orderd it that it would take that long.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:20:09 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Apparently not. You saved money, but here you are with no pistol and unhappy about it.

I'm unhappy, yes.  I will eventually get the pistol, though and $350 is a hell of a lot to a college student.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:33:26 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm unhappy, yes.  I will eventually get the pistol, though and $350 is a hell of a lot to a college student.

When you do get it, we want a range report. I might just spring for a 10mm myself.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:54:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:15:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then you have answered your own dilemna. That $350 you saved is now being paid in the form of a long wait.

I have been down this road, and will continue to do so. The best price often ends up in crappy service, or a long wait. Them's the breaks.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:19:42 PM EDT
[#18]
I called and canceled my order for the upper today. I will try and find one on the EE or local. They said NO more than 4 weeks and it was going on 7 weeks.  More than the wait, it was thinking of the people who had my money. I will take my business elsewhere.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:39:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then you have answered your own dilemna. That $350 you saved is now being paid in the form of a long wait.

I have been down this road, and will continue to do so. The best price often ends up in crappy service, or a long wait. Them's the breaks.

"you can get things 3 ways: Cheap. Fast. or in Good Condition."

"pick 2"

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:51:24 AM EDT
[#20]
It took about two weeks for me to get a Springfield Armory Mil-Spec,from Bud's,  after I won it on Gunbroker.  I think the wait was worth it though.  I got it for $445 after everything was said and done, including the FFL transfer fee.  Locally they were going for $499.95 plus tax so I saved about $90.

It basically boils down to what you are willing to do.  I will say this though, your card should not be charged until the gun is ready to ship.  I would give them a call and tell them to ship the gun today or reverse the charge.

By they way, Bud's uses the USPS to ship his guns, unless you pay extra for the next day services, so you aren't going to get a tracking number and it may take up to a week to get it once it does ship.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:58:42 PM EDT
[#21]
They finally shipped today.

Hopefully I'll have it by Tuesday.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:42:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Dealt with them on a Springfield Loaded 1911 a while ago.  It took them about six days to ship after the order was placed.  FFL info was sent to them the same day the order was placed and received two days later so I guess they shipped it four days after the FFL info was received.  Good people.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:07:07 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Range report is required!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:12:36 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Range report is required!

Oh definitely.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:49:28 AM EDT
[#25]

Seems to me, if you are having to delay your shipments over a week because of a high volume, then you need to figure out a better way of handling orders.

Having too many customers to serve adequately is usually a self-resolving problem.  The customer base usually shrinks to meet the capabilities.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:04:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Well, all they did was print out a shipping label on Friday... they shipped it today.

I got a USPS click-n-ship notification on Friday but today I got the order update saying they actually shipped it.

I now know one company not to do business with.  They should have made it clear that it would take 8 BUSINESS DAYS to ship the pistol.  I would have saved the 3% that I wasted on the credit card processing fee.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:01:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Oh, I forgot to mention.

I paid $25 for shipping and they shipped it out Priority, costing them $9.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:22:24 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Oh, I forgot to mention.

All FFL's that use the USPS do that.  That is why some of them can charge less for their guns.  They are making it back in the shipping.  This is right from his website, so I don't know why you expected anything else.

"SHIPPING

BudsGunShop.Com charges $25 for shipping and handling on a single handgun or longgun. The charge is $9 for most small accessories. If you want to know the charge for more than one item, please add the items to your cart and click Checkout to preview the shipping charge. You can preview the shipping charge and total before you complete your order. The shipping and handling charge covers the cost of standard ground shipping. If you want Next-Day-Air shipping the shipping fees will be greater. You must contact us for a quote for faster shipping.

Firearms will ship within 3-7 working days after we receive your payment and a copy of the Federal Firearms License. Non-firearm orders will be shipped from 3 to 7 days after we receive your payment. "
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:50:40 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh, I forgot to mention.

All FFL's that use the USPS do that.  That is why some of them can charge less for their guns.  They are making it back in the shipping.  This is right from his website, so I don't know why you expected anything else.

"SHIPPING

BudsGunShop.Com charges $25 for shipping and handling on a single handgun or longgun. The charge is $9 for most small accessories. If you want to know the charge for more than one item, please add the items to your cart and click Checkout to preview the shipping charge. You can preview the shipping charge and total before you complete your order. The shipping and handling charge covers the cost of standard ground shipping. If you want Next-Day-Air shipping the shipping fees will be greater. You must contact us for a quote for faster shipping.

Firearms will ship within 3-7 working days after we receive your payment and a copy of the Federal Firearms License. Non-firearm orders will be shipped from 3 to 7 days after we receive your payment. "

I expected them to charge $25 for shipping but it should have cost them closer to $25 to actually ship the package.  To me it is a bad business practice to charge a high amount for shipping when it only costs you $9 to ship a package.  People who do such things elsewhere on the net end up with bad feedback.

I'm just pointing these things out so people can decide whether or not they want to give this place their business in the future.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:46:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Finally picked it up on Thursday and just now got around to taking pics.

I removed the slide markings.  I think it looks much better now.

I'm probably going to send it off for a trigger guard undercut.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top