Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2006 7:21:23 PM EDT
Okay guys I am seriously considering getting a Sig Pro, probably an SP2022. They look nice and I've read many positive reviews. Give me your insight folks.....and please know that I am not trying to turn this into an Sp2022 vs. P226 debate. Thanks guys.......
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:33:39 PM EDT
[#1]
You cana pick up SP2009 or SP2340 for a lot less $$$

new around $400
used around $340
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:59:31 PM EDT
[#2]
i got a friend who carries one as issued from his PD, i have shot it many times. seems just fine to me. high bore axis, lots of muzzle flip but thats par for the course.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:04:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You cana pick up SP2009 or SP2340 for a lot less $$$

new around $400
used around $340

But if you intend on using accessories...the 2009 and 2340 use a proprietary rail
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:15:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Have an SP 2340 in 357 Sig cal. It has the best ergonomics of any handgun I own as far as ease of releasing mag and seating another and realeasing slide with slide stop. Extremely accurate, and flat shooting. About the same size as a Colt Combat Commander but much lighter. A little over 1000 rd. count no jams no problems with 90% of that being reloads. Louder than hell but loaded with the Speer Gold Dot load I feel well armed. It should give many years of service as the frame rails are replaceable and polymer frames are tough. Finsih on slide seems to hold up well but wears from use of a Fobus holster. I don't use it as a home defense gun, too much blast or as my CCW, too big but it always goes with us travelling or boondocking. My 10yr old likes to shoot it so the recoil can't be too bad.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:44:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a SP2009, a P226 and a P220.  The Sigpro is different but no worse than the others.  I shoot it just as well if not better than my 220
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:52:20 PM EDT
[#6]
These guns don't exactly fly off the dealers shelves. They're very slow sellers on the used market as well. Obviously, if you want the gun you're gonna buy it & probably not sell it down the road but resale value is something I would maybe consider?

Mag availability is another.

My .o2
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:09:52 PM EDT
[#7]
IMHO, the worst product Sig Sauer ever produced before the Mesquito.

Get a 228 or 229.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:44:58 PM EDT
[#8]
It's a pretty tired line around here, but I think this really was a case of an answer for a non-existent problem.  There is nothing wrong with any of their pistols as they are.  They are one of the least contested brands on ARF for a reason: they are well made and priced fair.  I think people were kind of scratching their heads over the Sig-Pro line.  

Cheers
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:54:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:59:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:25:19 AM EDT
[#11]
I think the Pro line is the very best polymer gun on the market...Period. I think the gun is a worthy competitor to the USP line, and is actually head and shoulders above the Glock. This comes froma Sig fan, so take it for what its worth.

It suffers from the same maladies as most Poly frame guns...large grip, soehwat funky feeling. They are stone cold reliable, and super accurate. The price is right, and with the new 2022 series, the rial is normal. Id buy one before a Glock, but thats me.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:34:05 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
IMHO, the worst product Sig Sauer ever produced before the Mesquito.

Get a 228 or 229.

Why do you think that? I've read maybe 5-10 professional reviews and at least 3 times that many reviews from laymen....and every single review raved about them. I certainly respect your opinion man, but for what reasons do you not like it (other than that it isn't a 228 or 229)?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:50:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I think the Pro line is the very best polymer gun on the market...Period. I think the gun is a worthy competitor to the USP line, and is actually head and shoulders above the Glock.

You should call Sig, as you're maybe the only one in America who thinks this, IMO.    
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:30:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Pros:
*100% reliability
*Handles recoil better than any other gun I've fired (despite it's noticably high bore axis)
*Comes with three backstrap inserts for different size hands
*Good DA and SA trigger pull (for what it is)
*Light weight for its size

Cons:
*Mag availability
*Parts availability
*Larger footprint and bulkier than most poly-framed pistols. The HK USPc and G19 are much more size-efficient, IMO.  It splits the difference in size between a G17 and G19.
*Trigger "reach" is a little too far for my hands, even with the smallest grip insert (I wear medium gloves, as a reference)
*The slide stop is placed right where I place my thumb while shooting and is sensitive to even the slightest thumb pressure, causing failures to lock the slide back on the last round. (YMMV)

This has been my experience with a .357Sig pistol I bought (and later sold) when the polymer models first came out.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:48:04 PM EDT
[#15]
They look kinda ugly to me, I'd personally go with one of the more traditional SIG's.  Oh, and I don't know about the logistical stuff, I don't know of many agencies that use them and I haven't seen much in way of parts or mags offered for them.  They're not very popular, it seems.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:11:47 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

*Larger footprint and bulkier than most poly-framed pistols. The HK USPc and G19 are much more size-efficient, IMO.  It splits the difference in size between a G17 and G19.
*Trigger "reach" is a little too far for my hands, even with the smallest grip insert (I wear medium gloves, as a reference)

Actually, it's bulkier than Glock 17, or should I put it, "fatter" and prints like a brick  Without a jacket, it's nearly impossible for me to conceal the Sig Pro.  On the other hand, my hands (S/M) fit well and have no problem with trigger reach in either DA or SA.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:54:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think the Pro line is the very best polymer gun on the market...Period. I think the gun is a worthy competitor to the USP line, and is actually head and shoulders above the Glock.

You should call Sig, as you're maybe the only one in America who thinks this, IMO.    

Nope, another Sig Pro fanatic here. Damn fine pistola. In fact, moved out the P228, P229, and P239 to have room in the safe for them. Got a Glock G36 to replace the P239 but everything else is a SigPro. May even get another one later this year.

wganz

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:24:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Bought a 2340 just as shooter due to the price.  It has ended up being the gun I carry the most.  Go figure. More accurate than any of my glocks.  And easier on the brass which is a bonus since I reload.  It ranks up there with my HK Tactical as a favorite.  As for parts and mags they are easy to find.  CDNN has standard mags and hi-cap mags available cheap, along with short triggers, and other assorted parts.  Just got an extra grip and 4 high cap mags from them last week.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:35:21 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
They look kinda ugly to me, I'd personally go with one of the more traditional SIG's.  Oh, and I don't know about the logistical stuff, I don't know of many agencies that use them and I haven't seen much in way of parts or mags offered for them.  They're not very popular, it seems.  

Keep in mind I am a newbie with Sigs.....but dont they follow the same basic design as the p226 and the rest? I mean minus the polymer they look very similar in pictures. How do they differ in appearance?

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:52:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Keep in mind I am a newbie with Sigs.....but dont they follow the same basic design as the p226 and the rest? I mean minus the polymer they look very similar in pictures. How do they differ in appearance?

Here is a SigPro

Here is a classic Sig

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top