Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2006 4:35:09 PM EDT
I just purchased a Walther P1/38.  I'm excited about it! I have always had a fascination with some of the WWII handguns.  I did a lot of research and read everyone's opinions on this gun and the one's available right now. So I put one on order and got it for a great deal. I'm looking forward to shooting it.
It is always exciting to get a new gun....just had to SHOUT a little.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:39:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a post WWII model and no history to it at all. It couldn't hit the side of a barn and it ejected the spent shells straight back into my face. I sold it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:38:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Felicidades!

It's a genuine Walther, you know.  Should be a nice collectible years from now
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:45:07 PM EDT
[#3]
They're just plain cool.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:23:30 AM EDT
[#4]
The P38 has the best sights of any military issue sidearm.  Better than the M9 even?  Yep.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:36:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I have one I bought new in the early 70's in 30 luger.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:05:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I think you'll be very happy with it.  I have a WWII ac-44 P38, and even after 62 years it is 100% reliable and more accurate than most of my auto pistols.  The engineering of these pistols was very "high-tech" for it's day and much of the US military M9's features have roots in the German P38.  

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:13:03 PM EDT
[#7]
P1s were supposed to be suppressed weapons right?  1' threaded barrel right?

Link to sale page.

Jeffs Shooters supply in SN always has the threaded ones too.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:27:52 PM EDT
[#8]
P-1 was the West German military desigantion for the standard post war P-38.  Not the shortened barrel version.  Same gun, more or less, as the wartime P-38 except for the aluminum frame and a few small parts differences.

Got one.  July 1977 version complete with the holster, shipping box and test target from the last time it went thru West German military inspection.  Neat guns.  DA is a bit stiff, ok real stiff.  But that seems to be the nature of the beast.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:57:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
P1s were supposed to be suppressed weapons right?  1' threaded barrel right?
www.militarygunsupply.com/IMAGES/FIREARMS/P1KURTZ.JPG
Link to sale page.

Jeffs Shooters supply in SN always has the threaded ones too.

That is a Walther P1 that had the barrel cut down to look like a P38K. The P38 Kruz is a rare handgun that was made for under cover German police. A lot of people including me want a real Walther P38K but can not find/or afford one.

These guns are $329 and is a good price for a P38K clone.

Jeff's Shooter Supply is selling these for a suppressor setup. Another company in SGN is selling the P1K too.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:28:08 PM EDT
[#10]
While the PI is a 38 it is not a WW2 pistol!!  Just as good in many ways!!!

A P-38 will have a steel lower!A P1 alloy lower!

Good pistol non the less!!

Enjoy    Bob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top