Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 10:11:12 PM EDT
Just bought the overmolded "wrap around" Laser Grips for my Beretta 92FS. Just the grip design improved shot-to-shot recovery and comfort. At 25 yards, I was able to keep all rounds center mass or head shots during rapid fire. It allows you to shoot accurately with both eyes open, which is a huge advantage in CQB. The laser is extremely bright and is capable of lighting up a potentially hidden target in the dark. Using the laser in additon to iron sights makes for an extremely accurate weapon. Lasergrips allow an average shooter to be very effective. I was actually trying to miss, IE shooting like a gang-banger, and it was nearly impossible. Obviously you can miss if you try, but its difficult provided you dont jerk the trigger. In a gunfight, these

would make for a decisive advantage. It takes all the guess work out of aiming your gun. I wouldn't reccomend these for a novice shooter. I think its better to develop you iron sight skills before adding a laser. If not, you might die along with your batteries.....The laser will certainly compensate for poor stance, grip or trigger pull. If you develop your skills, it will make you that much better. Lasergrips make the difference between a last ditch defensive weapon and an offensive weapon. I have had them for a week now, but I am curious to see how durable people have found them to be in the real world. How long do batteries last? I would be interested to read opinions from lasergrip owners.....
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:52:23 PM EDT
[#1]
interesting.....seems you have helped me find a solution for accurately shooting duel weilding glocks, and hopefully hit a target NOT the size of a friggin truck....

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:35:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I guess I'm just strange but I've had lasergrips on a P226, P220 and N frame revolver and didn't like them. They are good for when you point them at a bad guy which I've done but on the range I find myself using the sights more or just point shooting.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:15:39 AM EDT
[#3]
What didn't you like about your Lasergrips? I could see how they could change the balance and ergonomics of some guns, but you can only improve on the clunky Beretta....and Sig 226 for that matter. My best friend appreciates their function, but find them distracting during casual shooting.
This is probably true, should you use it constantly....which is something I don't want to get in the habit of. If you rely on a laser for all your training, you will be worthless without it. Its important to train with it to get familiar with it and zero it properly, but its important to not rely on it exclusively.
I spent 90% of my range time today with it turned off, using it only for a few drills....mostly weakside and rapid response stuff, for which it is perfect for. I train with my weakside should I

become injured, but shooting with one hand is less effective, especially with your weak hand. The laser makes weakside shooting extremely effective, which is a huge advantage should you become injured or incapacitated. Besides becoming dependant on something that can fail and the possibility of relying on technology instead of skill I can't see a negative point of having lasergrips on a Beretta 92. The same people who harp on lasers are usually the same guys who bitch about Nitrous Oxide, as if its impure or cheating....I guess if you NEED both to function at a certain level, then you are probably right. I run 12.20's on all motor and have years of defensive handgun training and I use both. Im not really threatend when a kid with a stock IROC on the

spray keeps up with my car to 60 feet or the 1/8th mile. Nor am I threatend when that same kid buys a brand new Beretta Vertec w/lasergrips and shoots as well as I do with iron sights. Without both, his car and his skill are average. Maybe I am more endowed or secure than some others? This kind of stuff just doesn't really bug me......In any event, not only is the visable laser a huge advantage in a gunfight but its extremely cool and worth owning. Besides preference, is there anything not to like ,say mechanical problems?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:14:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I didn't like them because they were not as good as my fixed sights. I believe they are good for intimidation on a bad guy but other than that I prefer my regular sights. I also don't like that CTC has now gone to all rubber grips. They make a semi more bulky and the rubber grabs clothing when you carry concealed.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:15:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I went with laser grips just recently for the additional advantage of hopefully intimidating an attacker into giving up without having to shoot.  Sure would save a lot of legal hassles, not to mention a life.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:22:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I think its better to develop you iron sight skills before adding a laser. If not, you might die along with your batteries...

Very, very sound advice right there.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:56:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I have CTC's on two revolvers.

One set is the hard plastic, the other is the newer rubber grips.

I prefer the rubber grips.  I have not found the rubber grips to be a problem when drawing from a concealed holster.
I practice my drawing technique several days each week.
The rubber has not caused me any trouble at all.

I have never figured on the laser to 'intimidate' the 'bad guy'.
I don't even know if he/she would see it and/or recognize what it was coming from.

I got them to see if they helped with my aiming and not as a replacement for my iron sights.
I still use the iron sights but have the red dot as an extra visual aid.
If the day ever comes when I use a handgun with these laser grips for defense, I'll let you know how they helped or impeded my reaction and the overall outcome of the incident...

providing I'm still alive at the end of it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top