Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 7:52:43 PM EDT
My dad found a S&W 5 shot, double action revolver at my greatgrandmas house.  I pretty sure its a .32.  On the left side of the barrel (as if you were holding it to shoot it) it says "SECRET SERVICE SPECIAL"  Its from the early 1900's.  I thought I had a pic of it on my comp. but I dont.  Tommarow I try to get one on here.  (Yes I know its hard without pics.)

If you could help me I'd like to know a mod. number,  who might have used them, and maybe what its worth (not that its for sale)  Thanks
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:16:59 PM EDT
[#1]
well I do have the pics on my comp but I cant get them to post.  Any ideas?   If you want give me an e-mail address or IM name
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:33:02 PM EDT
[#2]
you arent accepting IMs.
gimme an email - it is in my profile bro.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:09:19 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the help Doc. Ill have to check it out with S&W and those other places.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:06:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

it says "SECRET SERVICE SPECIAL"  Its from the early 1900's.  

Blue Book doesn't list that model name. More info is needed, caliber should be on the other side of the barrel, IIRC.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:12:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Tagged.  

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:35:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

it says "SECRET SERVICE SPECIAL"  Its from the early 1900's.  

Blue Book doesn't list that model name. More info is needed, caliber should be on the other side of the barrel, IIRC.

What is this blue book at? Internet? a book?

I talked "Doc" last night and he gave me a link that is about a company named SECRET SERVICE SPECIAL.  It is chambered for .32 S&W.  

I'm still having problem posting the pics.  If anyone can help me with that....
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:41:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

What is this blue book at? Internet? a book?

Yes, it's a book. Written by S.P. Fjestad, it's widely used & considered to be most accurate & inclusive value book.

a company named SECRET SERVICE SPECIAL.

Again, no such listing in the Blue Book.

It is chambered for .32 S&W.

Models of revolers in this caliber were sold NIB as recently as the 1970s, IIRC? Seems that the .32S&W caliber was a rimmed cartridge that didn't recoil much, as to bother folks with arthritus & such. Old women with smaller hands liked this caliber too.

Look on the sideplate of the gun, if there's not a S&W logo there, then it's not a S&W frame. If it's merely stamped on the barrel, then that's the caliber only. Don't go by what the grips say, I've seen different grips get put on a Rossi & they ask a S&W price too.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top