Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2002 12:08:56 AM EDT
hello folks...im looking for an everyday carry pistol  im wondering which is the best for my budget...
tnx
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 12:44:28 AM EDT
[#1]
My everyday water pistol is glock i love it.

i've had it 9 yrs. 10,000+ rounds though her.

Replaced barrel  2 months ago.

BTW i think glock is thew best. just my $.o3
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 4:41:12 AM EDT
[#2]
All good pistols, although I have no real experience with the Walther. Assuming the Glock fits your lifestyle and what you need from a handgun, etc., it would be my first choice...mainly due to the fact that there are so many parts, holsters, hi-cap mags, and other items out there for them.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 6:50:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Get the Glock.  Go to www.glockmeister.com.  They have brand new Glocks for under $500 dollars.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:11:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

As I have quite a few rounds through my early imported G-17, I'm wondering whether this is the factory (polygonal rifled) barrel which you replaced?

Glock had 2 back in late eighties that went well over 100,000 rounds without needing a barrel change, so I'm wondering why you'd replace yours at 10,000 rounds?

Mine shoots better now than when it was new, so what's the scoop here batf?

You wouldn't by any chance be talkin out one of your other orifices, now would ya?

Mike
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 12:28:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As I have quite a few rounds through my early imported G-17, I'm wondering whether this is the factory (polygonal rifled) barrel which you replaced?

Glock had 2 back in late eighties that went well over 100,000 rounds without needing a barrel change, so I'm wondering why you'd replace yours at 10,000 rounds?

Mine shoots better now than when it was new, so what's the scoop here batf?

You wouldn't by any chance be talkin out one of your other orifices, now would ya?

Mike

I went with a threaded barrel.

My name will tell you the rest.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 5:30:19 PM EDT
[#6]
i have all 3.  The Glock and the P99 would be easier to conceal.  while the USP is a nice gun, the other 2 were more accurate immediately.  the USP took a while to get accurate.  The 1st range outing w/the P99 i was able to shoot a 1.8" group at 50' off hand.  

I would say the the Glock is the best value for the $.  Also there is a large amount of parts for the Glock readily available.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 1:06:46 PM EDT
[#7]
The USP has 1911 style controls which may affect its ease of operation.  

The Walter P-99 is hard to get parts for and try getting those hi caps - almost easier to find HK P7M13 hi caps and the same price.  

Glock hi caps while not cheap can be had for $60-85 on the average.  No need to pay more.

For an everyday carry pistol, it doesn't get any better than a Glock for CCW.

Tough tenifer finish resists scratching and rust.

Can leave in your truck of your car in 100 degree or 20 below weather.

Durable, accurate, and affordable.

Look for a factory refurshined or trade in with a pair of hi caps for about $450.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top