Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2006 5:53:04 PM EDT
I've always wanted a High Standard but I couldn't find a good one that I could afford. A guy came in the store the other day that wanted to sell some guns. I picked up a High Standard, Supermatic, Trophy, 5.5 inch bull barrel for $300. This thing is beautiful. I have never seen blueing that is as deep and shiny. I've been bitten by the bug. It was made in 1964. Almost as old as me and in  better shape.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:00:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Excellent deal; you paid about 1/2 what the gun is worth.

I have a bunch of them, this one is my favorite. It's a later Trophy (1968) with the Military grip angle.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:12:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's my NIB Dura-matic M-101 with 6 1/2 inch barrel.

I have no idea what it's worth, but to me it's priceless.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:19:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Great 22's. The one with the DOT is an exc condition Hamden Military Model Victor. The other Victor is a TX one.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:38:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a High Standard Supermatic Trophy (107 series Hamden manu.) Military Grip in 1978 and it is by far the best .22 pistol I have ever owned.I've shot thousands of rounds thru it (bullseye matches,etc.)and it is still going strong.I felt sick when High Standard went bankrupt years ago.I bought a Super Matic Victor right after the bankruptcy,but it was not the same quality as my first gun .I was told some of the last pistols were put together with whatever parts were left over when the factory shut down.I have no experience though with the current manufacture guns,although they look great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top