Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2005 8:47:00 PM EDT
I dont have any links to any of the latest greatest sights.  I have heard of the XS as well as pistol sights that have a big dot up front, others have a ghost ring and dot, others have two rings.  Im looking to buy for several glocks.  Glock 17/22/34/35 for competitions, a baby glock for night use and concealed carry, and a glock 21 for nightstand duty.  what are some of best sights for each.  Adjustability is not required.  Im looking for Minute of Bad Guy.

Links HIGHLY appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:31:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:43:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Take a serious look at Hienie Slant Pro and Straight Eights
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:49:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I use Meprolite tritium night sights on my carry gun (Glock 27). I have the exact same sights on my Glock 22, which I use for IPSC/IDPA matches from time to time. While these sights are marginally less eye-catching in daylight than the fiber optic units, they make more sense on a defensive pistol thats likely to be used at night, and I want to see the same sight picture in practice as I carry.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:13:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I can't give you any first hand experience with them yet but I plan to order a set of AmeriGlo Operator Night Sights for my G19...

(From TopGlock)
The tritium based Operator sight has white outline on the front sight only. The rear sight does not have the white outlines forcing the shooter to concentrate on the front sight.  They have also thinned the front sight to allow more daylight to be seen between the front and rear sight allowing for faster target acquisition.  This sight is installed with either a MGW or Glock rear sight tool.

I wish they were available with the smooth sloped rear sight but that's a minor thing.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:24:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I use a fiber optic front sight and a blacked out u notch rear sight.  It's not the greatest at night but during the day or in light I am pretty quick with it.  I think I am going to try the TRU Glow fiber/tritium sights but I would not use the rear one only the front sight.  For me I am much faster with a blacked out rear.  The front sight just jumps out at ya.

Good luck

here's a pic of my fiber optic front/stock rear.  I bought it from HiViz for $20

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:27:42 PM EDT
[#6]
What about the ones with the really big round front dots and the one with a ring front and rear?  I remember seeing these, but do not know where?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:08:19 AM EDT
[#7]
They're called ghost rings. Great sights for low light and knock around shooting. Depends on the match you're thinking about as to whether they're legal for comp or not. If it's bullseye, ghost rings aren't up to the drill, better get a good Bowmar set or similar dedicated target sight setup. If you can, see if you can shoot a gun with the type of sights you're interested in. If it's for comp, see what the other guys are using and what they think. Better to get educated before dropping bucks and having to do it over again.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:41:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If it's for comp, see what the other guys are using and what they think. Better to get educated before dropping bucks and having to do it over again.

Can't... Katrina took out the range a few months back and I have no contact info on any of the guys.  Im sure they will start the season back up in March though.  I just wanted to buy now and get some practice in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top