Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2005 9:17:59 AM EDT
I currently own one pistol, a glock 19.  

I basically want to own six pistols in my lifetime.  A glock 19, 26, 17, 34, a second 19, and a purse gun for my wife (kel-tec or tomcat).

Right now I have only the 19, which I shoot better then any pistol I've ever fired.  I love it, it goes with me everywhere.  Now here is my question.  What do I get next?

I am torn between getting a second 19 or getting a 17.  I had a glock 22 but couldn't shoot it well enough, I don't know if it was the caliber or how it fit my hand.  But my 19 is sweet shooting.  I have A LOT of 19 magazines and won't have the money to stock up on 17 magazines for a while because I am focusing on other purchases and preps.  I also do IPSC and the 17 would be nice for that, unless of course I find out that I don't shoot it as well as the 19 due to fit to hand.

My priorities for this pistol are:

1.  SHTF
2.  CCW (in case my other one has something happen to it)
3.  Home Defense
4.  Competition (IPSC)
5.  Range fun
6.  The "neato" factor

Do I get a second 19 so that I will have it if anything ever happens to mine?  All of my holsters and magazines would then be interchangeable.  Or do I get the 17?  HELP!!

ETA:   The main reason for this purchase is that I have only one pistol, and one pistol is one pistol away from no pistol.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:39:13 AM EDT
[#1]
My line of thinking on this is that if you shoot the 19 well the 17 wont be any different. I own both and want to give you a word of caution on owning both a 17 and a 19. I bought the 17 first, it was my first ever hand gun. I bought my wife a 19 because of its slightly smaller size. The 17 is a good gun and I like mine. For me the problem is, the 19 does everything the 17 does just about as well and is more concealable. The accuracy differance between the two is very small, not enough to matter in my opinion. If you buy a 17 you may find tha the 19 works just as good and is easier to keep with you. I certainly wouldnt expect any great advancement in accuracy.

I would personaly get a 26 or the 34. The 26 is a great unit for CCW, especialy in the summer months. The 34 is a fair amount more accurate than a 19 and are an absolute blast to shoot.

For SHTF a second 19 would be smart, but I dont know how much fun it would be.

If I had Mine to do over I would have forgone the G17 altogather, In favor of the 19. It would have saved me the cash for eventually buying 2 G19's, one for the wife and one for me.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:42:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:34:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Unless you live in Lincoln, NE I would get a silencer for the Glock.

That's going to be next summer.  

I have to learn a lot more about that first so that I know that I get the right one.  I guess there are some that work on the 19s and some that don't.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top