Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2005 10:51:41 AM EDT
Friend of a friend wants to sell a 9mm HP with two mags.   From the serial number it is a 1992.  I'm finding prices all over the map.  I'm still trying to find out more info as to condition, capacity of mags.

Any guidance?  Thanks

ETA more info:
For the Browning, the case says "Browning Hi-Power
Single Action Pistol" The label says Browning, 2405124
Single Action, CAL.9MM LUGER, Fixed Sites Polished
Blue Barrel 4 21/32" where each comma indicated a line
break.  The gun itself, on the breech, says "Cal 9mm
LUGER" then "-245NYxxxxx" on a separate line
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:18:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I think its 9 rounds... Not 100% sure though cause I dont own one.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:26:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Hard to give any guidance without knowing more.  And HPs from that year, I think, would have come with 13 round mags.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:47:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Most HP's come with 13rnd mags. Is it a Belgium, Argentine, Canadian or FN HiPower? Is it blued, black matt or Silver chrome? Does it have fixed or adj. sights?
Does it have wooden, plastic or rubber grips?  What condition is it? How many mags. come with it?
Only when we have all this info, can we make any competent guess at it's worth.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:37:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, need more info. Probably 13rd capacity. CDNN has new FN made HP's for $399 with matte finish and black grips. Cheapest you'll find I think. Also comes with some mags. They have FN HP mags for $25 and Mecgar 13rds for like $14. Awesome to deal with too.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:53:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Is it a Browning?  I have an HP in 9mm from 1993 and it has been a superb pistol....however if you plan on shooting it a lot then have the sear switiched out for a tool steel sear made by Cylinder and Slide.  At some point the original will peen out on you.   Other than that, and the silly magazine disconnect safety ( easily removed ) the HPs are awesome.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:12:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Is it a Browning?  I have an HP in 9mm from 1993 and it has been a superb pistol....however if you plan on shooting it a lot then have the sear switiched out for a tool steel sear made by Cylinder and Slide.  At some point the original will peen out on you.   Other than that, and the silly magazine disconnect safety ( easily removed ) the HPs are awesome.

Thanks.  This is one of those things I wasn't especially looking for that crossed my path.  Since I've heard positive comments about the High Power on this board, I thought I'd check the opinions here.  Friend thinks he wants $500 for it so I may let it pass since I'm unsure of condition.  The fact that I'm getting email telling me what 'is written on the box' lets me think it may be low mileage.  I'll have to ask a few more questions.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:24:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.  This is one of those things I wasn't especially looking for that crossed my path.  Since I've heard positive comments about the High Power on this board, I thought I'd check the opinions here.  Friend thinks he wants $500 for it so I may let it pass since I'm unsure of condition.  The fact that I'm getting email telling me what 'is written on the box' lets me think it may be low mileage.  I'll have to ask a few more questions.

If the gun has low miles then 500 might not be toooo bad.....HP's are pretty pricey these days.....new ones are running 669 in Phoenix....when you can find one....
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:59:10 PM EDT
[#8]
That is not a terribly bad price if it's in good condition.  When my dad bought his it came with 2 10 round mags.  But that was Klinton's idea.  For some reason, alot of the pistols being sold are still 10 round mags.  Probably because when they we're made, it was still under the ban.  The hipower however can hold 13 rounds in a high capacity mag.  It was designed that way.  I like my dad's hipower.  BTW, when I say that price isn't bad, that's only if it's a Browning.   There are other makers out there right now, all of which are less costly than brownings.  That's all I know about them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top