Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2005 4:26:27 PM EDT
Anyone have any recomendations for a good hip holster set up for a Sig P229? Any advice that you could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:40:06 PM EDT
[#1]
For hip holsters I am kind of partial to Bianchi Accumold holsters myself.

I just picked up a paddle style accumold hoslter for my 1911.  Very nice holster.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:48:08 PM EDT
[#2]
The Blackhawk tactical Serpa holsters are quite comfortable, and a little bit customizable.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:12:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:18:18 PM EDT
[#4]
depends on the use, but I'vs always been partial to Desantis Speed Scabbards.  They are reasonably priced, very good quality for mass produced holsters.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:50:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
For hip holsters I am kind of partial to Bianchi Accumold holsters myself.

I like Bianchi OWB holsters and have a Black Widow (slider with thumb break) for my primary carry gun and Minimialist (slider with loop holder) for another gun.  I also like www.highnoonholsters.com for belt holsters.  Either would be good holsters and I like leather!
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:19:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I carry my 229 in a Uncle Mikes kydex paddle holster....very comfortable and durable.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:21:23 PM EDT
[#7]

This is a nice one from Galco, one I may be ordering soon myself.

A custom piece from Brigade Gunleather, very nice, and I like the work they put into their holsters.

If you prefer IWB, you can go wrong with this, the Versa Max II from Milt Sparks.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:54:36 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Anyone have any recomendations for a good hip holster set up for a Sig P229? Any advice that you could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

www.comp-tac.com  

I like(d) the milt sparks stuff but don't own leather anymore.  It's all comp-tac kydex now.  Good products and good people.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:36:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry guys I posted this several days ago and forgot about it. This will be a concealed carry holster for use under a heavy coat. I have a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 that I love and use in warmer weather but where possible I still perfer an outside waste band rig. I was thinking Bianchi Acumold but other recomendations would be great.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:16:24 PM EDT
[#10]
+1 for comp-tac (expecially if kydex desired)

i use the ghukra and its great--i hear that the CTAC is a lot better, and i'm going to try that one eventually

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:12:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The Blackhawk tactical Serpa holsters are quite comfortable, and a little bit customizable.

Ya I'd gp with a Blackhawk.  You can pretty much use it for any full sized handgun.  Works great for my Tact USP.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:58:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I carry my 229 in a Uncle Mikes kydex paddle holster....very comfortable and durable.

+1, I've had good luck with Uncle Mike's stuff, even the cheap holsters.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top