Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2002 9:34:26 AM EDT
I am trying to find out what kind of price I should pay or expect for a Ruger 15 round factory mag for a P95.  I have a friend who has one who is willing to sell it.  I want to get an idea of what I should expect to say.  I believe it is new.  I'm going to scout around some to see if I can locate any prices, but I gather by the sheer fact that they are beyond rare that it's going to tote a high price.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:53:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Aren't they the same as a P-89 mag?
Ruger's hi-caps dried up rather fast after the ban. And as of late, I don't come acrossed them anymore.
I didn't even see any at gunbroker.com in a quick check.
I did find an older lady a few years back, at a gunshow (must have been a small shop) that had the factory 15 round mags NIW. Without signs of panic, I purchased all she had for $35 each to augment the ones I already had...sweet!
As far as the going rate...how good of a friend is he? And how bad do you want it? $45-$50 range sounds fair to me, anyone else?
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 6:06:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, P89 and P95 use the same magazine.  He is a pretty close friend and I feel I could trust him.  He's offering it for $50.  I think it would only be pure luck to find one much cheaper anywhere else, and it would be purely by chance.  I'll probably just need to put away $50 from a paycheck here and get it from him while at least he still has it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 6:53:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Try the E-Z payment plan
I don't think the prices will be coming down anytime soon either.
One of my carded mags says "P-18 9mm mag for P89 serial number 304-70000 and above, P93 & P94 (15 shot capacity)" That would have the plastic base with the Ruger logo.
The earlier ones had metal floorplates (P15 code) and may not work in your P95.
Also the 11 round factory .40 cal magazines for the late P91's are around for $29 and the lip dimensions can be duplicated for the 9MM with relative ease.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top