Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2005 4:08:49 PM EDT
Can a Taurus PT100 40 cal do a barrel switch and run 9mm?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:42:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Aren't the slides different weights between the two calibers? Not to mention a different recoil spring would be needed as well.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:47:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I dunno, hence the question.

I've never been a 9mm fan, but the hicap, accuracy and cheap to shoot is kind of my thinking of adding a Taurus to the safe.  If I can do a 40/9 switcher that'd be a definate plus.

In response to the above sentences, I don't wanna hear about Glocks and Sigs, as I've tried to like Glocks (owned 3) and never got the hang of them, and Sigs are out due to cost.  I'm looking for cheap, accurate reliable............for serious shooting/carry I've got my 45's!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:51:36 PM EDT
[#3]
To my knowledge, only Beretta did the 9mm/.40 switch option & they used two different slides. Every gun I've seen in both calibers had some sort of beefing up for the .40 cal version.

Buy a PT-99 or PT-101 & shoot away, IMO. Or buy both, but you won't be able to swap between the two.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:14:16 PM EDT
[#4]
10-prolly get a pt-99 for cheap accurate range/steel shooting and keep the 1911's for carry and defense (although as a non-9mm guy I do feel better about the 9mm's ability to stop threats with the ammo put out in the recent years!).
Thanks Bob.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:50:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Just got a PT99AF at the local gunstore for <$300 out the door with 1 mag, Galco leather and 3 boxes of Fiocci.

Should be fun......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top