Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2005 10:59:40 AM EDT
I have been seeing these Masterpiece Arms and Vulcan copies of the Mac 10 (.45) and 11 (9mm).  Does anyone know if any of there are any good, they look like fun range guns.  Also the suppressors are very cheap because they can be made heavy.  Also they will take sten mags, grease gun mags, and other common ones.  So...

Any experience with the copies?
Which ones are the best?

random- What is the rubber sleave over the trigger for?

RoseMech needs a new toy (and a mean looing one to explain why i scare away all the girls)
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:40:55 PM EDT
[#1]
They can be fun if you get one that actualy works, even though they aren't very practical for much of anything. The problem with them is the original design of the M-10/11 is an open bolt submachine gun. To make them legal as regular handguns, the design is modified to make them do something they were never designed to do, fire semi auto only from a closed bolt. Alot of subgun designs do not take favorably to this. I have seen a few of these that work flawlessly. Unfortunatley, I have seen many more that were Jamo-matic even with fmj ammo. The semi-auto only uzi seems to work very well, but do you really want a nine pound 9mm? The sights on the M-10/11 semis suck, as does the trigger pull (reason for the rubber sleeve, prolly saw your finger in two without it). If you want something strictly for shits and giggles and no other reason whatsoever, have at it. But if your looking at them because they look cool and the big mags make them look like a decent choice as a defensive arm (home defense?), I would tell you I would take any decent regular handgun over them (even a Ruger semi-auto Edited to ad: I am not saying all semi only versions of subguns are unreliable, the H&K semi version of the MP5s and such are very reliable, but even the selective fire versions are closed bolt. But they are in a different league than the M-10/11s, but still way over priced for what they are imo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top