Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2002 10:27:40 PM EDT
are these decent?  i have a p220 and a p229 and i am considering buying a couple because of the high price for sig factory mags.  has anybody had any luck with promags for sigs?
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 10:40:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Im not sure about the SIG line of Promags, but the Hi-Cap Promags for my Beretta 8000 work very very well! I would say they work just as well as my factory mags.

Hope this helps!
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 1:44:20 AM EDT
[#2]
They are decent quality.  They are not as good as factory.  I have used them in IPDA shoots, and at the range and whatever, and have several of them (13rd Promag for P228).  Unlike many aftermarket mags, they do seem to feed fine.  Over the years, mine have developed burs and some visible damage to the mag catch hole.  I haven't had a jam, but I've had two failure to lock on the last round in one of them.  

Factory is much better, and I only use factory for carry.  Factory mags don't start wearing out in the mag catch area.  Factory mags cost an arm and a leg, and if you're just shooting informally or in a match where you're going to bounce around an empty mag off the ground, I'd say Promags are the way to go.  I would rather use a 10rd factory mag to carry over a 13rd promag.  I would rather use a 13rd promag to practice with over a 10 or 13rd factory mag.  Sure, you should "exercise" your factory mags too, but you can do that when you rotate your carry ammo via the muzzle of the gun.  

Before I ran into a great deal on some 13rd factory mags, I used promags for spares to the two factory mags I had.  They're good mags, not the best, but good.  

The ones I have have a gloss finish and a slot on the side near the bottom of the mag.  I've seen Promags for the P226 that were dull gray and absolute crap.  They looked like repackaged USA mags (which they may have been, I dunno).  

Ross
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 2:07:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Tried 3 Pro Mags for a sig 226, none worked.  2 Wouldn't rounds into the weapon and 1 wouldn't lock.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 4:15:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Just say NO!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 1:13:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd agree with Ross. They have functioned fine for me in my 228.I've used a few of them for about 4 years now. The only thing that bugs me about them is they have a tendency to rattle when loaded. But outside of that I've never had a problem with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top